CounterStrike 2 problems

Hi! Im new here to the ltt-forums, and i need help with starting cs2 quicker.

CS2 takes 2-3 minutes to open after I click Play on steam, once im in it says connecting to counterstrike network for 10 seconds, Im playing on a pretty new pc. Here are the specs:
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1080
M.2 Drive Samsung SSD 980 PRO 1TB
2x16GB DDR5 Ram
I have looked everywhere for solutions, but cant find anything that works. Any answers are appriciated!

8 minutes ago, Erik Gustafsson said:
CS2 takes 2-3 minutes to open after I click Play on steam, once im in it says connecting to counterstrike network for 10 seconds,

Loading the game is primarily down to storage speed, so use something like CrystalDiskMark to verify the drive is performing as it should.

Connecting to a server is down to network and/or server speed and not really related to your PC's performance as such. If it is already polling servers during startup and the connection is slow, that could also explain long load times.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Reinstall outright, CS2 has a lot of weird bugs that show up after progressive updates.

For example if I start it, and click anything else within the next few seconds, it crashes and won’t start. I have to launch it, wait, and then when it’s the active window I can actually play.

Ive also experienced your same issue where it just took forever to open, and I only resolved that with a reinstall. Not sure if that actually fixed it or if it was coincidence that it just worked normally then.