Lag/stuttter in GTA V on high end PC

LUD_KOTKA

Hello mates,

I've opened a new topic, because I could not find something recent, if there is one please merge, or share the thread.

I recently upgraded my pc to an i9-14900KF CPU with 64 gigs of RAM DDR5 6000mhz, EVGA 3080 FTW GPU. I also bought a new 1440p monitor. I've tried playing GTA V but it stutters like crazy. I didn't have any issues on my older 9900K cpu, with the same GPU. I've tried many things:
-fixing the FPS to 60/144
- lowering the resolution
- reducing settings
-enabling/disabling Gsync
and pretty much everything the internet suggested, but still the game runs poorly, when I move the mouse it stutters when the cars drive they don't visualyse smoothly, they also lag/stutter, FPS seems stable 59-60. If anyone encountered such issue and managed to fix it please assist 🙂 Same thing with RDR2, stutters like hell. For the laggy mouse movement I tried different settings (input modes) it's pretty much the same. I will now reinstall Windows and all drivers to check if this ifxes the issue.

Cheers and thanks in advance!

Did you do a fresh windows install?

Whats the temps on the 14900k? You better have a great airflow case and top tier cooler

1 hour ago, LUD_KOTKA said:

Hello mates,

I've opened a new topic, because I could not find something recent, if there is one please merge, or share the thread.

I recently upgraded my pc to an i9-14900KF CPU with 64 gigs of RAM DDR5 6000mhz, EVGA 3080 FTW GPU. I also bought a new 1440p monitor. I've tried playing GTA V but it stutters like crazy. I didn't have any issues on my older 9900K cpu, with the same GPU. I've tried many things:
-fixing the FPS to 60/144
- lowering the resolution
- reducing settings
-enabling/disabling Gsync
and pretty much everything the internet suggested, but still the game runs poorly, when I move the mouse it stutters when the cars drive they don't visualyse smoothly, they also lag/stutter, FPS seems stable 59-60. If anyone encountered such issue and managed to fix it please assist 🙂 Same thing with RDR2, stutters like hell. For the laggy mouse movement I tried different settings (input modes) it's pretty much the same. I will now reinstall Windows and all drivers to check if this ifxes the issue.

Cheers and thanks in advance!

GTA tends to stutter on high framerates, the fix was to limit them but you said you already did, does this happen in other games or just GTA?

So two things. First did you updated your drivers? If not, try to update them. If you already did right after you upgrade, try to install the older driver. Another I can think of is to turn off Vsync as well. If it's already off. Turn it on and close the game and launch the game and turn it off again. Also what did you use to limit your fps?

Okay, so I just made a fresh installation of  Windows and installed every driver. Now the game runs muuuch smoother and it doesn't stutter while I'm driving or rotating the croshair, but instead I have a horizontal and a vertical lines that stutter accross the screen, I will try to tweak the graphic settings a bit more, but I'm opened for suggestions.

As for the questions:

Same thing used to happen with Red dead redemption 2 before the Windows reinstall, haven't tried it yet, I have to download it again. Cyberpunk on the other hand runs very well all maxed out, no lag or stutter whatsoever.
Temps of the CPU do not exceed 65 degrees celsius (bought an EKWB 360mm AIO)
Case has lots of fans 2x140mm + 1x120 in the front, the Aio ontop blowing upward, 1x120mm at the bottom and 1x120 at the back, deffinitely not a heat problem.
Frame rate is limited from the game and from the 3D graphic settings to 60, maybe I'll try to raise it to 100-144 to see if it makes a difference
Vsync is off

20 hours ago, LUD_KOTKA said:

have a horizontal and a vertical lines that stutter accross the screen

Turn on Vsync.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches