how long

SLPNTIM

how long do you guys think it will take until we can use 3d printers to print out body kits, spoilers and general car parts. easily?

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

couple of years, I hope the prices drop a bit then would be nice to have your personal bodykitparts that only you have :D 

I5-8600K - GTX 1080 - 16GB RAM - 1.5TB SSD

I want everything pink

how long do you guys think it will take until we can use 3d printers to print out body kits, spoilers and general car parts. easily?

Well at the moment we can do it but it's not cheap.http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/industry/10552462/Successful-test-flight-for-Tornado-jet-containing-BAE-parts-made-on-3D-printer.html 

"Researchers at Michigan Technological University are working on a low-cost metal printing machine that could cost consumers less than £1,000."

I think personally it will be a long time, maybe in 20 years or so.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

you can actually use 3d printers to make templates for carbon fiber body kits and make make parts out of it with carbon fiber (not exactly your cheapest solution though)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Like others have said it can be done, it's just not cheap currently. When it does get cheap though the face the automotive customization will change drastically.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Do you guys think they will somehow ban it because only the material source companies will make money

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

Hopefully never... I'd rather not see an increase in that style of car.

While it is possible now, I bet it will be a long time until everyone has printers in their homes capable of that. Honestly they may never have them that large, if there was a company that would go into a city and have stores with giant 3D printers that you could use for a fee, why spend all the extra money and space for something you will use for 1% of your prints.

this has een done already i think it was in 2013 somewhere a guy printed a whole Aston martin vanquish body.

it was expensive i know but you can connect all the pieces ;)

He used a type of foam not exactly 100 percent 3d printed

prototypes of car parts are already 3D printed, but final products are always going to be cheaper to mass produce by using molds.

build log: diagonalmod (RIP?)

i know i use many of these: ( ) and these: ... (i really do... (sry...) ) edit: and edits