DOes more monitors mean bad performance

sebastianwaaler

I currently have a 3 monitor gaming setup. I am thinking about getting another screen that has higher hertz so i can game fast pase games on it. I was wondering if having 4 monitors would be bad for gaming. Is there not any difference, should i stick with my 3 monitors or even just have 2?

I also was wondering if my nzxt kraken z73 led screen has any effect on my PCs performance?

My PC specs:

Intel i7-10700

rtx 4070

32gb ddr4 RAM

750W PSU

2TB M.2 SSd

GIGABYTE N7 Z590 motherboard

It depends on what you have on those monitors - and if those apps use hardware acceleration. 2 monitors with maybe File Explorer, Discord, and a web browser for example won't add much load - especially if you disable hardware acceleration in Discord and your browser. But playing a YouTube video on one or two of those monitors adds additional GPU load.

2 minutes ago, sebastianwaaler said:

I also was wondering if my nzxt kraken z73 led screen has any effect on my PCs performance?

The LCD has its own processor inside, it's not using your CPU or GPU for the image on the display. That's why it can only do simple things like gifs and 2D graphics for temps and stuff.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 minutes ago, da na said:

It depends on what you have on those monitors - and if those apps use hardware acceleration. 2 monitors with maybe File Explorer, Discord, and a web browser for example won't add much load - especially if you disable hardware acceleration in Discord and your browser. But playing a YouTube video on one or two of those monitors adds additional GPU load.

I only use my other monitors for discord or spotify and things like that. WHile im gaming im not using the other screens to for example watch youtube.

6 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

The LCD has its own processor inside, it's not using your CPU or GPU for the image on the display. That's why it can only do simple things like gifs and 2D graphics for temps and stuff.

Okey, thanks you for your answer!

Just now, sebastianwaaler said:

I only use my other monitors for discord or spotify and things like that. WHile im gaming im not using the other screens to for example watch youtube.

Great, that'll put very minimal load on your video card. You shouldn't be able to see a performance decrease.