Transfer Data from HDD to M.2 without taking windows

QuinTx
Go to solution Solved by Godlygamer23,
4 minutes ago, QuinTx said:

3.5" i believe

You can get yourself an external enclosure and use that to transfer your files. Otherwise, I would expect you to be able to just plug your hard drive into your PC whilst still being able to boot off of your SSD.

I recently got a new prebuilt from IBP, and it came with a 2TB M.2 drive that has Windows 11 on it. My old pc booted off of a 1TB HDD. I'm wanting to transfer all my data from my old hard drive to my new one. What's the best way to transfer everything and will I have any issues since the HDD has windows 10 installed on it as it also acted as a boot drive. Can I just plug my HDD into my new PC with a SATA cable and transfer everything over? I have 0 experience with something like this, any help would be appreciated. EDIT also I don't want to take my old drivers with me as the old PC had completely different hardware

Is this a 3.5" or 2.5" hard drive?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

5 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Is this a 3.5" or 2.5" hard drive?

3.5" i believe

4 minutes ago, QuinTx said:

3.5" i believe

You can get yourself an external enclosure and use that to transfer your files. Otherwise, I would expect you to be able to just plug your hard drive into your PC whilst still being able to boot off of your SSD.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch