getting less than 10 mbps upload on 50mbps powerline ethernet adapters with a 100mbps network

Go to solution Solved by kirashi,
13 minutes ago, P0LAR0 said:
When downloading from steam or doing a speed test my download speed is extremely slow compared to expected speeds (see image below, left image is on the same network on my phone). I've had no issues like this before with with the same setup so I have no idea what's wrong here. My specs are as follows:
  • Windows 11 Pro 22H2
  • Gigabyte AX370m-DS3H motherboard
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5700x at stock speeds
  • 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance LPX ram and 2x8gb Silicon Power ram both at 2400mhz
  • Gigabyte RX6600xt
  • Crucial BX 240gb SSD as boot drive
  • WD blue 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 500gb, Silicon Power 240gb m.2 drive and WD Green 240gb SSD as storage drives
  • ThermalTake SMART Rgb PSU 550watt

Any help appreciated! -Polar

image.thumb.jpeg.b370ace17d2c16cb9136c8a49da49fa1.jpegimage.png.a1101ac15f8b035062a2bfbcb2e3ba8a.png

Temporarily bypass the PowerLine AV adapters by connecting the PC directly to the modem / router, then test speeds. If everything is normal during the test, that proves the problem is the PowerLine AV adapters, or more likely something inconsistently unreliable with your home's electrical wiring. Could be someone running a vacuum, microwave, or other high power draw device within the home. PowerLine AV is nice when it works, but otherwise can be a nightmare to troubleshoot.

When downloading from steam or doing a speed test my download speed is extremely slow compared to expected speeds (see image below, left image is on the same network on my phone). I've had no issues like this before with with the same setup so I have no idea what's wrong here. My specs are as follows:
  • Windows 11 Pro 22H2
  • Gigabyte RX6600xt
  • WD blue 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 500gb, Silicon Power 240gb m.2 drive and WD Green 240gb SSD as storage drives

image.thumb.jpeg.b370ace17d2c16cb9136c8a49da49fa1.jpegimage.png.a1101ac15f8b035062a2bfbcb2e3ba8a.png

13 minutes ago, P0LAR0 said:
  • Windows 11 Pro 22H2
  • Gigabyte RX6600xt

Temporarily bypass the PowerLine AV adapters by connecting the PC directly to the modem / router, then test speeds. If everything is normal during the test, that proves the problem is the PowerLine AV adapters, or more likely something inconsistently unreliable with your home's electrical wiring. Could be someone running a vacuum, microwave, or other high power draw device within the home. PowerLine AV is nice when it works, but otherwise can be a nightmare to troubleshoot.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

3 hours ago, kirashi said:

Heyo, thanks for responding, the speed seemed to improve when directly connecting it which leads me to believe that my wiring is the cause, could a microwave just being plugged in be the cause? ive just realized that the speed tanked around when we bought a new microwave...

thanks

-Polar

1 hour ago, P0LAR0 said:

Heyo, thanks for responding, the speed seemed to improve when directly connecting it which leads me to believe that my wiring is the cause, could a microwave just being plugged in be the cause? ive just realized that the speed tanked around when we bought a new microwave...

thanks

-Polar

The microwave very well could be the cause - if you want to verify this, plus the PowerLine AV adapters back in the exact way you had them, then unplug the microwave from power and re-run your tests. Networking is 99% process of elimination, 1% DNS. Because it's always DNS.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

1 hour ago, kirashi said:

The microwave very well could be the cause - if you want to verify this, plus the PowerLine AV adapters back in the exact way you had them, then unplug the microwave from power and re-run your tests. Networking is 99% process of elimination, 1% DNS. Because it's always DNS.

thanks, I'll try that tomorrow, for now ive marked this as solved

-Polar