WAN Show mid-roll ads?

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I was wondering why I am all of a sudden get mid-roll ads in the WAN show (when not being live). Is that intentional? I thought LTT doesn't do mid-roll ads. It seems to be somewhat inconsistent, but I've noticed it before already but then had a free month of YouTube Premium which expired. Curiously enough today I also got multiple one minute long ad breaks which I cannot remember getting before.

Anybody else getting ads during the WAN show now?

Why are you not using an ad blocker like any sensible person?

21 minutes ago, mmk said:

I think that is YT's fault not LTT.

That's the thing I would like to know. Not sure who best to tag for that though. Plus I'd love to know if it's just me or more people

I have premium so I wouldn't know, but I'd expect any non premium watcher to see a midroll (or several?) on a multi hour video. Is it even an option not to?

7 hours ago, Holmes108 said:

I have premium so I wouldn't know, but I'd expect any non premium watcher to see a midroll (or several?) on a multi hour video. Is it even an option not to?

I never got mid-roll ads on any LTT video until recently. That included the 4+ hour WAN show recordings.

I think i remember the guys on wan talking about it a while back. YT changed ads to have forced midroles. 

DankPods has complained about forced mid-roll ads in his videos. I think it's just a YT thing.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

22 hours ago, Middcore said:

DankPods has complained about forced mid-roll ads in his videos. I think it's just a YT thing.

Isn't this up to the creator? Afaik they can turn them off alltogether, only pre-roll, random mid-roll or timed mid-roll.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 minute ago, Stahlmann said:

Isn't this up to the creator? Afaik they can turn them off alltogether, only pre-roll, random mid-roll or timed mid-roll.

No YT not too long ago announced that creators would get less say in this if I remember correctly.

3 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

A creator can just upload videos daily on their channel and disable ads completely? I admittedly know nothing about youtube's workings, but that doesn't sound right on the surface. I'd be shocked if YouTube allowed that.

Edit: I had heard that they could control where they go in the video to some degree, which made sense. But I wouldn't have guessed you could have zero ads.

6 minutes ago, Holmes108 said:

A creator can just upload videos daily on their channel and disable ads completely? I admittedly know nothing about youtube's workings, but that doesn't sound right on the surface. I'd be shocked if YouTube allowed that.

Edit: I had heard that they could control where they go in the video to some degree, which made sense. But I wouldn't have guessed you could have zero ads.

Idk know when exactly saw it but as part of the "ads are getting worse" discussion when YouTube began cracking down on Adblockers Asmongold showed the ad control panel to his chat, making the argument that it's mostly the creators who are at fault for more ads since they have pretty good control over how intrusive ads are on their videos.

I haven't seen any ads recently because i have Premium but wasn't the GN video about LTT's testing problems unmonetized?

I can't check right now because i'm on a work PC where i can't disable adblock.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

30 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Idk know when exactly saw it but as part of the "ads are getting worse" discussion when YouTube began cracking down on Adblockers Asmongold showed the ad control panel to his chat, making the argument that it's mostly the creators who are at fault for more ads since they have pretty good control over how intrusive ads are on their videos.

I haven't seen any ads recently because i have Premium but wasn't the GN video about LTT's testing problems unmonetized?

I can't check right now because i'm on a work PC where i can't disable adblock.

Yeah, I have heard you can opt to not be monetized, LTT also did that for their follow up video. I didn't associate it with having no ads, but I didn't really think it through to be honest.

Not sure what I thought it meant. I suppose I assumed you were just giving up ad revenue to Google? lol. Interesting.

On 1/20/2024 at 9:55 AM, XWAUForceflow said:

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I was wondering why I am all of a sudden get mid-roll ads in the WAN show (when not being live). Is that intentional? I thought LTT doesn't do mid-roll ads. It seems to be somewhat inconsistent, but I've noticed it before already but then had a free month of YouTube Premium which expired. Curiously enough today I also got multiple one minute long ad breaks which I cannot remember getting before.

Anybody else getting ads during the WAN show now?

Not being live, its YouTube dropping in ads where ever they want without the creator permission. I have been reading even on channels saying they don't monetization ads are being dropped in. I run a non-profit channel and we have seen some ads dropped in, but not always. Its weird as we can't seem to see the pattern besides the age demographic (13-18 and 30-40 year olds)

On 1/23/2024 at 8:40 AM, Stahlmann said:

Nope. DankPods put up all his old Patreon "after show" videos on YT for free in part as an apology for the mid-rolls. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16