Inconsistent ethernet AND wifi on my pc

userball

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but,

I built my pc a couple months back and ever since setting it up and playing I've been having trash connection. I have tried ethernet and it was bad, i even ordered an antenna to try and it still is bad. I have 5g Wi-Fi so I doubt its my router. Does anyone know anyway I can fix this problem because its so unbearable playing games and disconnecting  every 2 seconds. (This isn't just with Roblox by the way its also with games like Fortnite, deadbydaylight and gta)

image_2024-01-20_140545622.png

image_2024-01-20_140555564.png

15 minutes ago, userball said:

I have 5g Wi-Fi so I doubt its my router.

As in you pay for cellular 5G internet service or you are using the 5GHz band on your wireless router? Please clarify your type of internet connection and the speeds you're paying for.

What are the makes/models of your network equipment?

How far away is your PC from the wireless source when you use WiFi? And when you use ethernet?

Does any other devices using the same network experience a similar problem?

20 minutes ago, Falcon1986 said:

As in you pay for cellular 5G internet service or you are using the 5GHz band on your wireless router? Please clarify your type of internet connection and the speeds you're paying for.

How far away is your PC from the wireless source when you use WiFi? And when you use ethernet?

Also What wifi adapter do you use for ur pc. If it’s built into the motherboard then which motherboard? U can find this info in device manager I think on windows 

btw: cellular service internet means your router doesn’t have a cable coming from an ISP and gets its signals from

the cell towers that get data to your phone 

40 minutes ago, userball said:

Imagine everything i have written in a Linus Voice/ linus tone (Spock live long and prosper gif here ,idk why tho, i guess i just want to say that i like star trek and am waiting for new seasons of the ongoing shows), But seriously, a lot of what i type only makes sense when said in a Linus tone from an older ltt video (circa 2017-2019 & now 2024-onwards) basically before he got a beard and a lot of it should make sense even in a Linus with a beard face.

also note as per the latest typing test on my laptop, my accuracy is 69%

I'm not weird/creepy, I'm just observant I have ADHD and am not on any meds for it.

35 minutes ago, Falcon1986 said:

I pay for cellular 5G internet, the model of my network is "Three" it is a british internet provider, my router is in the same room as my pc and my phone, sisters ipad and mums phone do not experience similar problems at all

26 minutes ago, Indian pc builder said:

Also What wifi adapter do you use for ur pc. If it’s built into the motherboard then which motherboard? U can find this info in device manager I think on windows 

btw: cellular service internet means your router doesn’t have a cable coming from an ISP and gets its signals from

the cell towers that get data to your phone 

It isnt built into the motherboard, i use an antenna usb that i plugged into the case. My motherboard however is the MSI B550-A PRO

Run Speedtests on everything using Speedtest . Net and compare results 

by everything , I mean every device connected to your network. Also does you router have QOS functions of any sort?

Imagine everything i have written in a Linus Voice/ linus tone (Spock live long and prosper gif here ,idk why tho, i guess i just want to say that i like star trek and am waiting for new seasons of the ongoing shows), But seriously, a lot of what i type only makes sense when said in a Linus tone from an older ltt video (circa 2017-2019 & now 2024-onwards) basically before he got a beard and a lot of it should make sense even in a Linus with a beard face.

also note as per the latest typing test on my laptop, my accuracy is 69%

I'm not weird/creepy, I'm just observant I have ADHD and am not on any meds for it.