is new mic a upgrade, downgrade or sidegrade

Meatball the man

the other day my blue yeti went down so I had to quickly go out and get a audiotechnica AT 2020usb+ from someone I knew who was selling it, i use my microphone for youtube videos and I wanted to know if this microphone was a sidegrade, downgrade or upgrade.  need to know if I needed to get myself a new yeti before before I record too many videos or if its best to just keep this. also I just posted the picture to show off the frakenstein yeti  bolted mess stand (and if theres any problems with doing this)

image.thumb.jpeg.bb7d86acb9c3e69e2670ae48802e390f.jpeg

The AT2020 is a perfectly serviceable microphone and I personally prefer the tone and timber of the 2020 over the Yeti.  I find the Yeti overly distorted on the bass side although it all comes down to personal preference.

Just an FYI, you are speaking into this microphone incorrectly, if you currently have is positioned the way you intend to speak. You should be speaking into the side of the microphone where the "Audio-Technica" lettering is, not the top. 

Another FYI: the AT2020 benefits greatly from a pop filter as it allows you to get very up-close and personal to it. Look into getting one if you plan on using it long term. 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

1 minute ago, Skipple said:

The AT2020 is a perfectly serviceable microphone and I personally prefer the tone and timber of the 2020 over the Yeti.  I find the Yeti overly distorted on the bass side although it all comes down to personal preference.

Just an FYI, you are speaking into this microphone incorrectly, if you currently have is positioned the way you intend to. You should be speaking into the side of the microphone, not the top. 

Just an FYI the AT2020 benefits greatly from a pop filter. Look into getting one if you plan on using it long term. 

good to know about the right way for the mic to face