how to install macos fresh on 2008 mac pro

So i just bought this 2008 mac pro for pretty cheap, upgraded the ram and drives, and now I want to boot from my ssd but I do not know how to install macos on it. I do not have the disc or anything I only have usb drives and the power of the internet lol. If anyone could help that would be great. I also do not have another macbook, I only have a windows machine. Right now the mac shows a blinking folder and a question mark.

So I recently picked up a 2008 Mac Pro and I need help. I’m trying to use opencore to update to newer software but first I’m trying to install macOS to a new drive which is my ssd. However there’s not really a recovery mode on this computer so I don’t know what to do. The current version is 10.9.5 and the 2008 Mac Pro can update to 10.11 officially and that would be good because I need to use opencore, but 10.9 won’t let me use opencore but I can’t update because when I download the dmg file it says this version isn’t supported. Can someone please help I’m at my breaking point here!

TLDR: I’m  aiming to update my 2008 Mac Pro to macOS 10.11 using OpenCore, but facing issues due to the lack of recovery mode. The downloaded DMG file indicates that the version isn't supported.

-= Merged =-

Please do not repost your topics.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

4 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

-= Merged =-

Please do not repost your topics.

Sorry I didn’t mean to if I did, I just thought this qualified as a different question