PLEASE HELP!!! New build error code 69 - IOH DXE initialization

Tim2

Hey all, I have just finished building my new PC (which I haven't done for about 8 years) but for the life of me I can't get it to boot and it seems to keep restarting before what looks like crashing and even though I have an led panel with numbers (always dies showing 69) and 4 led lights (always flashes to cpu for split sec before it dies) I still can't find any info in what's wrong.

If anyone can shed any light on what's going on here would be greatly appreciated.

My build is

Haf 700 case

Gigabyte z790 aorus master x motherboard (rev.1)

I9 14900k cpu

Arctic liquid freezer II 420 A-RGB

RTX 4090 aorus extreme waterforce

Crucial t500 pcie nvme m.2 ssd 2tb

T.Force delta DDR5 32GB 7200MHZ ram

Thermaltake toughpower pf3 1200watts

I do have a video of the issue that shows the lcd code 69 on the little led panel and the led that flashes to cpu before failing on the orange lights (to big to share on here so had to upload it to youtube)  

https://youtu.be/Dg4DDp0v4NA?si=_Y5npCLvkL-uZWhr

I have triple checked both sides of every wired connection

I have tried reseating and pasting the cpu and cpu cooler

I have reseated the gpu and ram

I ran all these tests inside the case and then on the box outside the case

I have cleared cmos using rear button and leaving the battery out for 30 mins 

I have updated to the latest bios (F5)

I have tried running it with one ram stick and 2 and swapped to all configurations

I have done this with and without the gpu installed

I have done this with and without any other wires for hd audio or usb headers connected

I have tried swapping the cpu power wires on the motherboard

I have tried swapping the cpu power wires on the psu side from the 2 adjacent 4+4 cpu power slots to the the 4+4 that is 3 in a row  

and i have tried the connecting just the 24 pin power connector and one of the motherboards cpu power connector

I have been through basic troubleshooting with the manufacturer

I have replaced the motherboard (with exact same model) 

The 4 orange led lights are arranged like the number 4 on a dice and in the top left is cpu, top right is dram, bottom right is boot and bottom left is vga

When I first power on the cpu is lit for about 2 seconds then the dram for about 17 seconds then vga for about 5 seconds then when it goes back to the cpu for the 2nd time it seems to fail then the pc seems to reboot then cpu only flashes for a sec and then another reboot then it starts that exact same thing all over again.

If you have taken the time to get this far then I really appreciate it.

Please anything else I can try

Do you have anything connected to the rear IO when you try booting it? The first few results I found for that error say something about backfeeding power into the DisplayPort port.

Also,

40 minutes ago, Tim2 said:

lcd code 69

Nice.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Tough call !

Nice system !

"I have done this with and without the gpu installed" meaning with HDMI on igpu ? with at least one reboot by each major change ?

So you must have everything at stock, even Ram, right ?

You did connect a fan to the cpu fan header ?

Did you try : outside the case, no gpu, one stick of Ram, no unnecessary cable

Did you check the Front Panel Header connections ?

Did you remove the CLR_CMOS and Reset Jumper ? or have them removed

Did you check the battery ?

(sorry if what I'm writing is redundant or obvious)

Edited by leclod

I'm willing to swim against the current.

4 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

Do you have anything connected to the rear IO when you try booting it? The first few results I found for that error say something about backfeeding power into the DisplayPort port.

Also,

Nice.

No tho only thing that's connected to the back is the power cable or the USB stick while I was updating the bios, I did try connecting a hdmi and display port cable to the gpu but no display so also tried a display port cable to the board ret op but still no display so I took them out again. 

Also for the record that's the worst 69 I've ever had 😏

3 hours ago, leclod said:

Tough call !

Nice system !

"I have done this with and without the gpu installed" meaning with HDMI on igpu ? with at least one reboot by each major change ?

So you must have everything at stock, even Ram, right ?

You did connect a fan to the cpu fan header ?

Did you try : outside the case, no gpu, one stick of Ram, no unnecessary cable

Did you check the Front Panel Header connections ?

Did you remove the CLR_CMOS and Reset Jumper ? or have them removed

(sorry if what I'm writing is redundant or obvious)

I have tried both all the things I tested with the gpu installed then I read on another forum about trying without gpu and using on board so yes tried it with that too but even when there is no display plugged in it does that exact same thing, 

Yes everything is stock other than I have tried updating the bios to version F5 

Yes I have done all the test outside the case with just the 24 pin mobo power cable, the two 4+4 power cables and the aio cpu cooler which was plugged in to the grey port on the board which ill add a pic of, 

I'm not sure what you mean about checking the front pannel header connections but would love to be able to check anything new 👍🏻 tho I have booted without them even connected as there is a power switch on the board and still got the exact same result 

No I have not removed any jumpers or removed anything from the board, should I have 🤔 and don't be sorry I've been at this for nearly 2 weeks and after being so close to finally getting a new PC and I can't get it to work so any help anyone can give is massively appreciated 👏🏻🤞🏻

Also not great pics but I have taken some of the board and set up out of the case so you can see if I did some stupid (at this point I'm really hoping I have) 

17049958031661882654561545761526.jpg

17049961080674673744464336414891.jpg

17049961758682487196112161542708.jpg

17049961912915654644144413513876.jpg

18 minutes ago, Tim2 said:

Yes I have done all the test outside the case with just the 24 pin mobo power cable, the two 4+4 power cables and the aio cpu cooler which was plugged in to the grey port on the board which ill add a pic of,

I feel you.

Not sure which fan header you mean with "the grey port" , can you confirm you've got a fan connected to that cpu-fan header ?

Edit : it looks like the grey one is the right one. But could you connect another (spare) fan to the CPU_OPT header, just for the sake of it ?

Capture d’écran (182).png

Edited by leclod

Are those two surprisingly neat connectors really those two 4+4 psu connectors ?

And are they connected where they should ?

Capture d’écran (184).png

Capture d’écran (183).png

Capture d’écran (1899).png

Edited by leclod

1 hour ago, leclod said:

I feel you.

Not sure which fan header you mean with "the grey port" , can you confirm you've got a fan connected to that cpu-fan header ?

Edit : it looks like the grey one is the right one. But could you connect another (spare) fan to the CPU_OPT header, just for the sake of it ?

Capture d’écran (182).png

Sorry my description wasn't great, if you look at the first picture from my post above that shows the greyish white header which is connected in the 3rd picture and yes the fans do spin on the cooler or if I connect another fan to it but Thankyou for your suggestion

1 minute ago, Tim2 said:

Sorry my description wasn't great, if you look at the first picture from my post above that shows the greyish white header which is connected in the 3rd picture and yes the fans do spin on the cooler or if I connect another fan to it but Thankyou for your suggestion

What I meant is maybe the motherboard won't start without a cpu cooler fan connected and spinning.

Did you get my next post ?

1 hour ago, leclod said:

Are those two surprisingly neat connectors really those two 4+4 psu connectors ?

And are they connected where they should ?

Capture d’écran (184).png

Capture d’écran (183).png

Capture d’écran (1899).png

Those literally say cpu on the connectors and yes that's the exact place I plugged them tho I have tried plugging them in the port below too in either side and still same result, but Thankyou for the idea 

5 minutes ago, Tim2 said:

Those literally say cpu on the connectors and yes that's the exact place I plugged them tho I have tried plugging them in the port below too in either side and still same result, but Thankyou for the idea 

cpu and gpu look very similar (check the psu picture). The picture isn't that good.

So those connectors can be split in 2 ?

Edited by leclod

19 minutes ago, leclod said:

cpu and gpu look very similar (check the psu picture). The picture isn't that good.

So those connectors can be split in 2 ?

Sorry I will take some better pics and post to see if that helps 👍🏻

17050036880282468129845997513347.jpg

17050038882372779009203776659591.jpg

17050039600435750905977739009145.jpg

17050040500395838511295534846747.jpg

Thankyou all for trying to help me, I'm literally lost at this point, I feel like I have tried everything and don't know what to do, I spent a fair bit in this new set up for the first time in nearly 8 years and I have literally spent nearly 2 weeks with it in bits not working, I Just want to say I really do appriciate all you all taking the time to try and help me with this 👍🏻🫡👏🏻

Try another CPU?

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

8 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Try another CPU?

I don't have another spare but returning it for another is about the only thing I could think of but I wasn't sure if that can cause this issue, it looks in good working order but I guess it's possible on the inside 🤔

4 minutes ago, Tim2 said:

I don't have another spare but returning it for another is about the only thing I could think of but I wasn't sure if that can cause this issue, it looks in good working order but I guess it's possible on the inside 🤔

I see you change another board and it's still the same problem. It most likely the CPU. Try to exchange the one you have from the place you got it from.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

6 minutes ago, Tim2 said:

I doubt it, but I understand the suggestion. And I agree it's worth a try if you are able to.

(you could also use a cheaper cpu for a try, I'd be your neighbour I'd gladly lend you mine for a try)

Edited by leclod

3 minutes ago, leclod said:

I doubt it, but I understand the suggestion. And I agree it's worth a try if you are able to.

(you could also use a cheaper cpu for a try, I'd be your neighbour I'd gladly lend you mine for a try)

Faulty CPU does happened sometimes, so exchange the one you have form the place you got it from.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

3 minutes ago, leclod said:

My last cpu was an lga1151 and was an i5-8600k so I have no chance in using my old one 😳 I'm thinking about biting the bullet and contacting my local pc repair shop hoping they can test it with other hardware tho I hate not being able to do it myself 😒

1 minute ago, Tim2 said:

My last cpu was an lga1151 and was an i5-8600k so I have no chance in using my old one 😳 I'm thinking about biting the bullet and contacting my local pc repair shop hoping they can test it with other hardware tho I hate not being able to do it myself 😒

Where did you get the CPU from?

Most have a return period.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

4 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Faulty CPU does happened sometimes, so exchange the one you have form the place you got it from.

I have heard very few problems are caused by the cpu but feel I'm pretty much out of options at his point 😢

Just now, NumLock21 said:

Where did you get the CPU from?

Cpu was from Overclockers 

Just now, Tim2 said:

Cpu was from Overclockers 

okay so contact them, explain to them you ran 2 boards and both shows CPU error LED and you want to exchange your CPU. Stores needs to give their customer a return period, before it's send back to Intel for RMA.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

3 minutes ago, Tim2 said:

I have heard very few problems are caused by the cpu but feel I'm pretty much out of options at his point 😢

It's your CPU

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

15 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

okay so contact them, explain to them you ran 2 boards and both shows CPU error LED and you want to exchange your CPU. Stores needs to give their customer a return period, before it's send back to Intel for RMA.

Yeah you have a point to be fair it seems like it can't be much else as nothing else is connected and always powers on on the CPU light and the way the cpu light then flashes on for a sec and turns back off it can't be the ram or aio cooler surely 🤔