780 TI or ?

Hello everybody.

I saw many posts here about this question and i'm pretty sure you are sick of it, but let me explain my situation:

I'm a guy who likes to play games "the more realistic, the better" and i want to design with photoshop and start to design with 3D programs such as Unreal Engine, AutoCad, etc...

I'm not a hardcore gamer, but if i have time off, i want to spend it playing a game in the best graphic configuration i can, i like to max out those nasty nasty settings...

I will play on a probably 46" - 50"(max) display, HDTV of course. I know lot of you don't like this, but i'm playing from a 3-4m(9-13 feet) distance and i made my research on which display should i take and how much input lag it has(17ms or 18ms) and how much Hz's it has(120hz) and those are tested as displays for PC (Here is the link).

So... my question here is:

Should i take the almighty 780Ti and poop on some bad guys in-game? or should i get a 780 SLI or similar CF and do the same thing with those?

Thanks for your time, i'll appriciate any question/help.

Take care!

Enigma.

780sli out performes the 780ti but is a bit more but dual 780 will have better cuda performance and regular performance

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

780ti so you can expand later. Also you are not playing at 120hz. TVs use 'fake frames' to make the image look smoother while only getting a 60hz signal. These fake frames are only active when connected to TV, not a computer. The only way you could get 120 is using display port (which TVs do not have) Dual link DVI (which tvs dont have) or HDMI 2.0 (which nothing has yet) PLUS it gets automatically disabled when connected to PC.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Go for the 780Ti. Seriously. Try to "future-proof" yourself as much as you can.

a single 780ti will rape anything you throw at it. 

My Little Gaming Rig:

CPU: FX 8320 | MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-D3P | RAM: G.Skill Ares 2x4GB | GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 270X | Storage: Seagate SSHD 1TB | Case: Corsair 200R | PSU: CM 550W V-Series

Upgrades to come: CPU FAN: Corsair H100i | RAM: 2 more 4GB sticks | GPU: Another R9 270X running in crossfire | Storage: Samsung 120GB SSD | PSU: Corsair 800w

lol, that's a weird way to put it but okay then.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

If you can afford dual 780 in sli why not just grab a single titan black? it does help with the other stuff you're gonna do.

Live your life like a dream.

780ti so you can expand later. Also you are not playing at 120hz. TVs use 'fake frames' to make the image look smoother while only getting a 60hz signal. These fake frames are only active when connected to TV, not a computer. The only way you could get 120 is using display port (which TVs do not have) Dual link DVI (which tvs dont have) or HDMI 2.0 (which nothing has yet) PLUS it gets automatically disabled when connected to PC.

Go for the 780Ti. Seriously. Try to "future-proof" yourself as much as you can.

Oh.... i seee...

Rape.

Well, as far as i saw about the 780Ti it seems the best choice for future-proof as you said, maybe eventually i'll decide to switch to 3-monitor set-up and i'll get another 780Ti, this future may be a little far, but ... there it is.

About the 120hz TV... well as i said, i'm not a hardcore gamer and i saw MANY videos about the "60hz vs 120hz for a casual gamer" for example, the one Linus does

. And it doesn't seem to affect too much to a casual player as much as to one who spends almost all the time playing or just works all the time with 120hz's.

I'm thanking you guys for your fast replies.

Take care.

Enigma.

Oh.... i seee...

Rape.

Well, as far as i saw about the 780Ti it seems the best choice for future-proof as you said, maybe eventually i'll decide to switch to 3-monitor set-up and i'll get another 780Ti, this future may be a little far, but ... there it is.

About the 120hz TV... well as i said, i'm not a hardcore gamer and i saw MANY videos about the "60hz vs 120hz for a casual gamer" for example, the one Linus does

. And it doesn't seem to affect too much to a casual player as much as to one who spends almost all the time playing or just works all the time with 120hz's.

I'm thanking you guys for your fast replies.

Take care.

Enigma.

Yeah ik about gaming on a tv...I use a 55" Samsung LED tv :P

The thing is I only sit about 3 feet away, so it basically does the job of a 6 monitor wall except 6x better framerate :D

Pixel density sucks though...

And yes, I am used to playing with the input lag and 60hz and all that stuff, but I have to say I'm still pretty good at games and it doesnt bother me too much. I really like the colors and viewing angles, VERY good for watching youtube videos!

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Yeah ik about gaming on a tv...I use a 55" Samsung LED tv :P

The thing is I only sit about 3 feet away, so it basically does the job of a 6 monitor wall except 6x better framerate :D

Pixel density sucks though...

And yes, I am used to playing with the input lag and 60hz and all that stuff, but I have to say I'm still pretty good at games and it doesnt bother me too much. I really like the colors and viewing angles, VERY good for watching youtube videos!

55" at 3 feet? Oh my ... you are lucky that the LED displays doesn't hurt your eyes like those old TV's did.

I allways played on a 42" display and i must say that i was very good at it too. For example in Titanfall... love that game.

I'm about to get the "beast" PC in few days, and i want to be 100% sure of all... i'm changing things all the time this past 3 months or so... and now i'll get the new Matrix 780 Ti + the Asus Maximus VII Hero with a 4770k. I think it's a pretty damm good PC.

Later on this summer(here in Spain) i'll get the 46" - 50" display.

55" at 3 feet? Oh my ... you are lucky that the LED displays doesn't hurt your eyes like those old TV's did.

I allways played on a 42" display and i must say that i was very good at it too. For example in Titanfall... love that game.

I'm about to get the "beast" PC in few days, and i want to be 100% sure of all... i'm changing things all the time this past 3 months or so... and now i'll get the new Matrix 780 Ti + the Asus Maximus VII Hero with a 4770k. I think it's a pretty damm good PC.

I'm pretty sure he's not debating the merits of 120hz vs 60hz. 

You do realize that there are two types of 1080 signal right? 1080i and 1080p. 1080i is basically when the TV takes less frames and tries to make a smoother playback out of it. At 1080p basically the TV gets 60Hz and outputs 60Hz. That's going to have some impact on your experience. Although if you've already played Titanfall on the 42" and feel that there's no problem, you should be fine. I still suggest you get a good 1440p monitor; TVs aren't made to connect to gaming PCs.

:D

I really like how my peripheral vision is nearly all filled by the game. Really immersing = ]

Thats a pretty sweet pc too

Spoiler