RGB controller or remote stopped working. Already replaced both, problem is back

FRD

I have a set of RGB fans that I'm already satisfied with for about 2 years. I originally got them on Aliexpress. Back then they were the only good fans with RGB on the sides that didn't break the bank.

The fans are like off-brand Coolmoon fans if anyone here are familiar with those.

Last summer unfortunately my RGB controller or my remote stopped working. Not sure which one. Replacing the battery in the remote didn't do anything, but the remote IR scanner would lit up normally.

I decided to spend $10 on the exact same RGB controller+remote to replace it.

It worked fine for a half year until now. Same problem. The remote doesn't work anymore or it's the RGB controller. The remote IR light lits up. The RGB controller controls my RGB peripherals and everything is stuck on one color now.

Can anyone help out? I don't want to buy new fans or another RGB controller+remote kit again.

What is the cause of the problem here? This is the second time already.

The RGB controller is not syncing with the motherboard, powered by Molex. Also, I often put my PC to sleep mode. Only in 1 instance my remote worked again.

3 hours ago, FRD said:

What is the cause of the problem here?

My guess is this: 

3 hours ago, FRD said:

$10 on the RGB controller

On 1/7/2024 at 6:03 AM, NorKris said:

My guess is this: 

Come on, I'm trying to find a solution here.

Yeah, the remote is cheap, but the controller feels pretty solid and has syncing RGB built-in too.

I also doubt a $50 Corsair fan controller is actually worth the money. Sure it works, but I don't wanna know how much the profit is on those.

32 minutes ago, FRD said:

I also doubt a $50 Corsair fan controller is actually worth the money. Sure it works, but I don't wanna know how much the profit is on those.

they last and do they job