110" 4k.... Too Small.

LTTM9

In his latest review, Linus installs a 115" and calls it the worlds largest. Personally, I'd rather have a 110" Micro-Led.   Back in the day, Panasonic had a 152" 4k Plasma, Too bad they never sold well. I think Linus should sell his new TV and get something more high tech.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-110-class-micro-led-4k-uhd-smart-tizen-tv/6536700.p?skuId=6536700

The point of the video was showing what was possible today for a fraction of the price you used to have to pay.

Yeah the samsung wall is better but its also 12x the price, smaller AND is multiple tvs which needs calibration which isnt always included in the pricetag. Its also a thicker system.

If you wanna spend 150.000 on a tv instead of 13.000 ish then go ahead but for like 95% of the experience of the wall you can get the tcl.

Microled and such is awesome but these tvs are at a size where legitamatly just the local dimming zones on the tcl could be classified as micro leds as it has such an insane amount. Like these tvs are THE TOP END this is as good as it gets on non oled.

The wall is also priced that high simply because there isnt anything in this space to compete. Now tcl is here and maybe eventually it trickles down.

Also that panasonic 152 inch was an extreme limited run product meant for marketing purposes only basically. Id be suprised if they evem had 1000 made as the costs to do so would be insane.

The wall and the tcl are actually meant to be commercial products for niche use cases hence why the wall is on version 2 already

I wonder what was the power usage on that 152" plasma. Must have been absolutely insane.

It's not just the size though. This TV has 5000nit peak brightness which is an achievement in itself. IDK how much the Samsung MicroLED can do but even if they can also do 5000nits the price is just insane.

The TH-152UX1 has an optional mount and wall-hanging bracket, but if you choose to mount the TV make sure you have walls strong enough to support its 1300-pound frame. Yeah, you read that right. The TH-152UX1 weights 1300 pounds, which is more than 1/2 a ton, or the same weight as roughly a dozen 50-inch HDTVs.

The TH-152UX1 is a big, impressive, 152-inch monster of a plasmatelevision that is more suited for professional use than as a home appliance. Maybe if you have a large home theater you could consider installing the TH-152UX1, but remember it carries a price tag of $500,000.

2 hours ago, WereCat said:

I wonder what was the power usage on that 152" plasma. Must have been absolutely insane.

It's not just the size though. This TV has 5000nit peak brightness which is an achievement in itself. IDK how much the Samsung MicroLED can do but even if they can also do 5000nits the price is just insane.

Seems you would need a high amp 230v or normal 400v industrial line

So euhh probably 3500w+ 😛

ah @Likwid found it was on an old instance 😛

2 hours ago, WereCat said:

https://displaysolutions.samsung.com/pdf/datasheet/3902/The_Wall_Datasheet_190528_v1_web.pdf

Its worse!

Like the tcl can do about 2000 sustained in sdr. The samsung 800

It also needs active cooling which as far as I know the tcl does not

Damn that tcl might just be the better experience for less

5 hours ago, LTTM9 said:

Personally, I'd rather have a 110" Micro-Led

$11,000 115" 4K 20000+ zone miniLED with 5,000nit peak brightness vs $150,000 110" 4K microLED 800nit peak brightness

You must be very rich to have this personal choose.

CPU i5 13400F - - - - - - GPU ASUS TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 10G - - - - - - - - RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V Black DDR4 3600MHz 2*16GB

Motherboard MSI MAG B660M MORTAR WIFI mATX - - - - Storage Crucial P5 Plus 1TB M.2 + Kingston SSDNow UV400 240GB + WD Green 2TB

PSU Seasonic Focus GX 850W 80 Plus Gold - - - - Cooling Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black - - - - Case Fractal Design Define 7 Mini

Displays INNOCN 27M2V + ASUS TUF Gaming VG259QM + Dell U2414H - - - - - - - - - - - Sound ATH-M50x, Lenovo unknown speaker

Keyboard Ducky Shine 4 - - - - - Mouse Logitech G Pro Superlight + G-TF Rough + Logitech G PowerPlay

On 1/6/2024 at 4:09 AM, Likwid said:

Considering you can probably find one used for the price of a nice modern 4k. It might actually be a good buy. I saw it's smaller cousin for sale on ebay years ago for 10 grand. 

Yeah because if you spend $15.000, why not go all out and spend 10x the price on a Micro-LED TV? If that's really one of your biggest problems, then i truly envy you.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

5 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Yeah because if you spend $15.000, why not go all out and spend 10x the price on a Micro-LED TV? If that's really one of your biggest problems, then i truly envy you.

Indeed. This is literally living in a differenr world from 99.99% of people on earth.

If there is no scoffing at a mere 140k $ difference then like the fuck does it matter. Buy both! Try em out. Then idk give the lesser one to your favorite cousin?