Girlfriend has had popping and buzzing noise since she got the pc

Ice_Queen_Kallen222
Go to solution Solved by Ice_Queen_Kallen222,

Im just going to tell her to take it back into best buy for geek squad she needed to do that a wile ago idk why shes suffered

Hi my girlfriend kelly has been having this issue with her windows 11 cyber power gaming pc when she plays games that are higher in graphics load she is getting this popping and buzzing issue it also effects her mouse and lag of her pc we have tried with installing and updating graphics drivers we have re ran wires in the back of the pc nothing seems to work it sucks because there are alot of games we avoid just because of this issue LTT forums can you help so we can play the games we miss

• Windows 11 Home operating system

Brings back the Start menu from Windows 7 and introduces new features, such as the Edge web browser that lets you mark up web pages on your screen.

• Ryzen 7

Imagine, design, and create without boundaries. The powerful AMD Ryzen™ 7 processor features machine intelligence that anticipates your needs. Discover true responsiveness with 8 cores and 16 threads for the ultimate performance.

• 16GB system memory for intense multitasking and gaming

Reams of high-bandwidth DDR4 RAM to smoothly run your graphics-heavy PC games and video-editing applications, as well as numerous programs and browser tabs at the same time.

• 1TB hard drive and 500GB solid-state drive (SSD) for a blend of storage space and speed

The hard drive provides ample storage, while the SSD delivers faster start-up times and data access.

• NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 graphics

Backed by 6GB GDDR6 dedicated video memory, this fast, advanced GPU will fuel your games.

• Eight USB ports maximize high-speed devices

Its USB 3.0 ports are backward compatible with USB 2.0 devices at 2.0 speeds.

• Wireless and wired network connectivity

Built-in high-speed wireless LAN connects to your network on the 802.11ac Wi-Fi standard. The Gigabit Ethernet LAN port plugs into wired 10/100/1000 networks.

• Additional ports

HDMI output for a high-definition monitor or HDTV. Two DisplayPort outputs. Microphone jack. Headphone jack. PS/2 port.

• This computer does not include a built-in DVD/CD drive.

• AMD, AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

• Processor Model

AMD Ryzen 7 5000 Series
  • Storage Type
    HDD, SSD
  • Total Storage Capacity
    1500 gigabytes
  • System Memory (RAM)

16 gigabytes
  • Graphics Type

Dedicated
  • Graphics

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

General

• Product Name
    Gamer Master Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5700G - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 - 1TB HDD + 500GB SSD
  • Brand
    CyberPowerPC
  • Model Number
    GMA5400BSTV3
  • Year of Release

Processor

• Processor Brand
    AMD
  • Processor Model

AMD Ryzen 7 5000 Series
  • Processor Model Number
    5700G

Storage

• Storage Type
    HDD, SSD
  • Total Storage Capacity
    1500 gigabytes
  • Solid State Drive Capacity

500 gigabytes
  • Hard Drive Capacity

1000 gigabytes
  • Solid State Drive Interface

NVMe
  • Hard Drive Interface

SATA
  • Hard Drive RPM

7200 revolutions per minute

Memory

• System Memory (RAM)

16 gigabytes
  • Type of Memory (RAM)

DDR4 SDRAM
  • System Memory RAM Speed

3000 megahertz
  • Number Of Memory Slots
  • System Memory RAM Expandable To

128 gigabytes

Graphics

• Graphics Type

Dedicated
  • GPU Brand
    NVIDIA
  • Graphics

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
  • Advanced Graphics Rendering Technique(s)

DLSS (Deep Learning Super Sampling), Ray tracing

Compatibility

• Operating System

Windows 11 Home
  • Operating System Architecture

64-bit

Connectivity

• Number of HDMI Outputs (Total)
  • Number of DisplayPort Outputs (Total)
  • Number of USB Ports (Total)
  • Wireless Connectivity

Wi-Fi
  • Ethernet Card

10/100/1000
  • Number Of Ethernet Ports
  • Network Connectivity

None

Power

• Power Supply Maximum Wattage
    600 watts

Expansion

• Number Of Internal 2.5" Bays
  • Number Of Internal 3.5" Bays

Features

• Media Card Reader

No
  • Customizable Case Lighting
    Yes
  • Audio Technology
    7.1-channel surround

Dimensions

• Product Height

16.9 inches
  • Product Width

8.5 inches
  • Product Depth

18.5 inches
  • Product Weight

34 pounds

Certifications & Listings

• ENERGY STAR Certified

No
  • EPEAT Qualified

No

Included

• Optical Drive Type

None
  • Keyboard Included
    Yes
  • Mouse Included
    Yes

Warranty

• Manufacturer's Warranty - Parts
    1 year
  • Manufacturer's Warranty - Labor
    1 year

example: ark survival evolved no buzzing and popping but age of empires 4 it dose no matter what

Try limiting the fps to whatever screen hz she has. Sometimes in less demanding games it creates audio interference that theres a bazillion fps produced.

I wish I was kidding.

9 minutes ago, pzspah said:

Try limiting the fps to whatever screen hz she has. Sometimes in less demanding games it creates audio interference that theres a bazillion fps produced.

I wish I was kidding.

she has tried limiting the fps inside age of empires 4 and it is still doing it im using age of empires 4 as the testing game because its the worst one of all the games

1 hour ago, Ice_Queen_Kallen222 said:

she has tried limiting the fps inside age of empires 4 and it is still doing it im using age of empires 4 as the testing game because its the worst one of all the games

Does it occur on every game, or just some?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

6 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

some of the games it happens on age of empires 4 ,lost ark,halo master chief collection,ark sometimes but not all the time she says,to stop it as a temp fix but comes back a few min later she would turn on mono audio and turn it back off again if she left it on she would still have to turn it off in a few mins to fix it again  

12 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

gpu accelerated rendering in web views on steam would cause it to but she has since unchecked it 

2 hours ago, Ice_Queen_Kallen222 said:

gpu accelerated rendering in web views on steam would cause it to but she has since unchecked it 

How long have you guys had this PC for?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

48 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

How long have you guys had this PC for?

nov 2021

8 hours ago, Ice_Queen_Kallen222 said:

Hi my girlfriend kelly has been having this issue with her windows 11 cyber power gaming pc when she plays games that are higher in graphics load she is getting this popping and buzzing issue it also effects her mouse and lag of her pc we have tried with installing and updating graphics drivers we have re ran wires in the back of the pc nothing seems to work it sucks because there are alot of games we avoid just because of this issue LTT forums can you help so we can play the games we miss

This sounds* like a DPC latency problem.

*) I will see myself out for this joke

It's a really dumb solution but have you tried plugging in a USB DAC or something? Audio connections in a PC getting buzzing under stress is fairly common and a cheap dac (Apple dongle is the best cheap recommendation out there) is the best way to diagnose the problem

9 hours ago, Ice_Queen_Kallen222 said:

nov 2021

Did it always do this?

On 1/6/2024 at 4:03 AM, Cocococo said:

It's a really dumb solution but have you tried plugging in a USB DAC or something? Audio connections in a PC getting buzzing under stress is fairly common and a cheap dac (Apple dongle is the best cheap recommendation out there) is the best way to diagnose the problem

no usb dac

On 1/6/2024 at 10:25 AM, Godlygamer23 said:

Did it always do this?

yes since day one right out the package 

she hasnt even added new ram to it or anything its lagit like it just came out the box

So how are you outputting sound? I don't think I've seen it mentioned anywhere in the thread.

Internal monitor speakers?

Desktop speakers via 3.5mm jack?

Desktop speakers via USB ?

I'm going to give a similar suggestion and say that you should try out a budget DAC to see if you can fix the issue.

Apple's USB-C to 3.5mm adapter is $9 and worth trying. It's even available on Amazon Prime if you prefer that over driving to a store.

From there, run a 3.5mm cable to the monitor's Line In port, or run a 3.5mm cable from the desktop speakers to adapter.

I think it would be easier troubleshooting if you simply offloaded the sound to an external soundcard (like the Apple dongle) so that we can completely and confidently rule it out as a possible issue.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

10 hours ago, Ice_Queen_Kallen222 said:

yes since day one right out the package

There has been a problem with stuttering caused by the fTPM on AMD platforms.

Or as mentioned before it might be a DPC latency issue, caused by drivers or some software.

Searching for these two terms should give you enough information to start troubleshooting.

Since the entire PC is stuttering, I would rule out an audio device issue.

Edit: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-410

On 1/8/2024 at 12:37 AM, saintlouisbagels said:

So how are you outputting sound? I don't think I've seen it mentioned anywhere in the thread.

Internal monitor speakers?

Desktop speakers via 3.5mm jack?

Desktop speakers via USB ?

I'm going to give a similar suggestion and say that you should try out a budget DAC to see if you can fix the issue.

Apple's USB-C to 3.5mm adapter is $9 and worth trying. It's even available on Amazon Prime if you prefer that over driving to a store.

From there, run a 3.5mm cable to the monitor's Line In port, or run a 3.5mm cable from the desktop speakers to adapter.

I think it would be easier troubleshooting if you simply offloaded the sound to an external soundcard (like the Apple dongle) so that we can completely and confidently rule it out as a possible issue.

she has it plugged into a blue yeti microphone even when she dose not use this method of getting the audio to her headset it still makes her game freeze and mouse is unresponsive 

sorry for late reply