Good way to manage both Google Photos and the original files?

I'm finding that as my photo library grows over the years (especially as I take photos of temporary things like items, serial numbers, etc.), it's hard for me to manage both my Google Photos library and the physical files that I back up to my PC. Does anybody have suggestions on software or something that mirrors it so that when you delete it in one place, it lines them up?

• 2 weeks later...

Picasa used to be the thing for Google Photos. But IIRC, even it was on PC prior and uploading or mirroring to Photos. So similar in a way pretty much everything else does things. According to Google, closest you get is by having Drive on your desktop.

Though its bit funny to hear you using PC as backup and Photos as main organization place.

But if you want alternatives on PC side, DigiKam is open-source organization software.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 1/15/2024 at 9:53 AM, LogicalDrm said:

Picasa used to be the thing for Google Photos. But IIRC, even it was on PC prior and uploading or mirroring to Photos. So similar in a way pretty much everything else does things. According to Google, closest you get is by having Drive on your desktop.

Though its bit funny to hear you using PC as backup and Photos as main organization place.

But if you want alternatives on PC side, DigiKam is open-source organization software.

The search and sync functionality for my entire family's photo libraries is just too good to give up. I don't trust Google to properly store them, but on my PC, we can't easily search them from anywhere at any time.