No Mic Input through ASIO driver (IL Minihost Modular and Reaper Plugins)

FliP0x

I have a GXT 242 Lance microphone that I run through Voicemeeter Potato.

In Discord 'VoiceMeeter Output' is set as the Input Device and I have Krisp Noise Suppression enabled, but I have the issue that sometimes the background noise from the PC goes through the suppression and noise gate, which obviously annoys everyone I am on Discord with.

Through some research I found that most people filter out the background noise with IL Minihost Modular and Reaper Plugins.

The issue I have is that I can't get the noise filter to work because I am not getting any Mic Input in IL Minihost Modular when Audio Device Type is set to ASIO.

In Device I have several options, but the only that allows to be selected is 'Voicemeeter Insert Virtual ASIO'. Any other option gives me a "Error when connecting audio device! Can't set sample rate: 44100". After hours of tinkering I still haven't managed to get it to work. I've been looking for other solutions, but everyone seems to be using IL Minihost Modular.

NZXT S340 | Ryzen 7 5900X | B550 AORUS PRO V2 | TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200 | RTX 4070
Nintendo Switch (2x), Nintendo *New* 3DS, PSP-1000, PSP-2000 (Crisis Core Limited Edition)

MacBook Pro 14 (2021), 16GB RAM, 512GB ROM

• 1 month later...

did you get any solution to this? i have pretty much the same issue..