Fan RGB woes

joebroke

I was gifted a 7900 xtx for Xmas and had to get a new case and PSU.  Instead of 5 fans I now have 8.  It was being controlled by a Corsair Commander CORE RGB & PWM Fan Controller.  I think part of the problem is that I now have three different types of fans:

(2) Corsair ML140 RGB PWM fans 4 Pin

(3) CORSAIR iCUE SP120 RGB ELITE Performance 120mm PWM 4 Pin

(3) SP120 RGB PRO FANS

two of the fans I really don't care if they light up, they are on the bottom of my Hyte Y60.

When I couldn't get everything to work I tried lighting up 6 of the fans with a iCUE Lighting Node CORE Digital Fan RGB Lighting Controller. Now I have most fans on the Commander core and some on the Lighting Node.

Since starting this thread I've tried a bunch more.  I'm sick of iCue, Armoury Crate (and most anything ASUS).  I've tried SignalRGB in the past and now OpenRGB is my favorite.  I had to reinstall windows once because of Armoury Crate.

At this point I'm ready to buy something else that just works.  Any suggestions for a fan/controller eco-system.  Something mid range. I don't want to spend Lian Li UNI FAN TL LCD money, but I don't want cheap.  Something that has both 120mm and 140mm.  Also what is the best way to sync 8 fans?  I've seen people with more and can't figure out how they do it.

Thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, joebroke said:

I was gifted a 7900 xtx for Xmas and had to get a new case and PSU.  Instead of 5 fans I now have 8.  It was being controlled by a Corsair Commander CORE RGB & PWM Fan Controller.  I think part of the problem is that I now have three different types of fans:

(2) Corsair ML140 RGB PWM fans 4 Pin

(3) CORSAIR iCUE SP120 RGB ELITE Performance 120mm PWM 4 Pin

(3) SP120 RGB PRO FANS

two of the fans I really don't care if they light up, they are on the bottom of my Hyte Y60.

When I couldn't get everything to work I tried lighting up 6 of the fans with a iCUE Lighting Node CORE Digital Fan RGB Lighting Controller. Now I have most fans on the Commander core and some on the Lighting Node.

Since starting this thread I've tried a bunch more.  I'm sick of iCue, Armoury Crate (and most anything ASUS).  I've tried SignalRGB in the past and now OpenRGB is my favorite.  I had to reinstall windows once because of Armoury Crate.

At this point I'm ready to buy something else that just works.  Any suggestions for a fan/controller eco-system.  Something mid range. I don't want to spend Lian Li UNI FAN TL LCD money, but I don't want cheap.  Something that has both 120mm and 140mm.  Also what is the best way to sync 8 fans?  I've seen people with more and can't figure out how they do it.

Thanks in advance!

image.thumb.png.9f57a6e6d5315bf08ea702af69588d1b.png

and even if u dont get it to work as u want, its cheaper to get the same type of corsair fans for all the fan slots 

1 hour ago, NorKris said:

image.thumb.png.9f57a6e6d5315bf08ea702af69588d1b.png

I've tried that.  I almost feel like it is something to do with my motherboard.  I'm also starting to think that with everting I've done I've possible connected the ARGB in backwards and fried the LED's in the fans.  So I think I'm going to be saving up for new fans, but I want a 360 RAD so I'm probably just going to go with an all new system.  I like the way the new iCue Link or Lian Le Uni systems daisy chain.  I apricate the help! 

10 minutes ago, joebroke said:

I've tried that.  I almost feel like it is something to do with my motherboard.  I'm also starting to think that with everting I've done I've possible connected the ARGB in backwards and fried the LED's in the fans.  So I think I'm going to be saving up for new fans, but I want a 360 RAD so I'm probably just going to go with an all new system.  I like the way the new iCue Link or Lian Le Uni systems daisy chain.  I apricate the help! 

pictures?

1 of controller
1 of software 
1 of how the fans look

2 hours ago, NorKris said:

pictures?

1 of controller
1 of software 
1 of how the fans look

I apricate the help, I tested the fans with the other known good ports and I got nothing.  I also tested them directly on my ARGB header on my MB again nothing, and to make sure I used my bench power supply and tested it at 5v, although it was drawing about 10 milliamps it wasn't lighting.  All three where like that.  

They all still spin, they just don't light up.  So I guess I'm getting new fans if I want my rainbow puke.

Again, thank you for your help.

3 hours ago, NorKris said:

pictures?

1 of controller
1 of software 
1 of how the fans look

I found confirmation. I believe I can just remove the burnt LED and run a bodge wires and have the rest work.

EDIT: I successfully ran a bodge, but after testing without success, I checked all the caps and resistors, two of the caps are dead. I don't have any caps that small and without a schematic I don't know the values.  It was worth a try.

PXL_20240106_010710642.jpg

7 hours ago, joebroke said:

I also tested them directly on my ARGB header on my MB

corsair ARGB has not the same pinout, so this would not work

7 hours ago, joebroke said:

I found confirmation. I believe I can just remove the burnt LED and run a bodge wires and have the rest work.

EDIT: I successfully ran a bodge, but after testing without success, I checked all the caps and resistors, two of the caps are dead. I don't have any caps that small and without a schematic I don't know the values.  It was worth a try.

12v header?

image.png.264189b5f0d1a9823163d169a2986566.png

this would kill the ARGB in ur fans