Case fans connected to these weird connectors

dimaris727

I'm upgrading my PSU to a Corsair RM750e and I noticed this connector below. They seem to be connected to the fan controller and these are connected to this weird daisy chain adapter and now I'm afraid I won't be able to connect my PSU to this because it won't have the cable to power it, my old dated one had it. What do I do? Also I just wanted to ask additionally if this controller takes 4 pin case fans cause I'd like to replace them with ones. It all just seems so complicated and I wish I had a better case at this point. Please help

IMG_20240105_023424.jpg

IMG_20240105_032118.jpg

IMG_20240105_011228.jpg

Looks like molex connector your new psu should come with a power cable for it

3 minutes ago, TheDoctor14 said:

Looks like molex connector your new psu should come with a power cable for it

Thanks, I'll open it and check if it comes with it.

I

3 minutes ago, dimaris727 said:

Thanks, I'll open it and check if it comes with it.

Just opened it and thankfully it seems to come with it. Tysm, got me worried there for a sec lol.

Those are MOLEX, the absolute lowest common denominator of power cables, to be avoided if at all possible. Unfortunately a lot of cheap cases still use these to supply juice to their blinged out low-quality fans. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

32 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Those are MOLEX, the absolute lowest common denominator of power cables, to be avoided if at all possible. Unfortunately a lot of cheap cases still use these to supply juice to their blinged out low-quality fans. 

Yeah i figured how these are low quality. It's also that the case is decently old(and a nightmare to work with in cable management). Im looking to replace them tbh, does that fan controller on the top image i showed take 4 pin fans so i don't have to use these ones? The middle fan has a bad bearing so i've taken it out and the case now just has 2 fans which looks a bit weird lol.

1 hour ago, tkitch said:

reading this thread threw my back out.

Shut up, I'm not that old.  

(okay maybe I am)

I actually know what Molex connectors are, just completely forgot what they looked like cause i hadn't seen one in a few years lol(This pc is a prebuilt which i have slowly upgraded, left the PSU for last cause i recently got a GPU a few months ago and wanted a quality PSU).