Integrated HD Graphics 610 NOT WORKING w/Intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz

I'm setting up a real chill PC for my just to browse the web an such. I used spare components such as an old ASUS Z-170A I had laying around but when i tried to use a spare Intel i5 6600k i had in that MoBo setup it had a bent corner and wasn't booting up turning rhe MemOK redlight ON (ps. ram sticks are totally fine). I bought this Pentium CPU to use instead. It seems to start up just fine, no error lights in the board, but the screen never shows any menu. I've read that having used the motherboard with a GPU in the past could be making weird things with it.

2 hours ago, Skipple said:

Have you updated your BIOS? Needs to be >rev. 3007 for that board.

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/z170a/helpdesk_cpu/

Thanks for replying

I have not. I don't know what version does it have. How could I update it without being able to have a screen to see? I would give that a try then

1 hour ago, Fedorchas said:

Thanks for replying

I have not. I don't know what version does it have. How could I update it without being able to have a screen to see? I would give that a try then

You will need to have a functioning CPU on the board. Best bet will be to borrow a 6th gen CPU from a friend or bring to a local shop to get it updated. 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.