multiple problems with my computer

my computer has had a multidue if problems and i have no clue what to do so im turning here. The problems are as follows, showing i have 2 tb of storage but im only able to use under half without it giving me storage errors, and my 3090 has extreme frame drops with games it should easily run without it over heating . I have tried all the well known solutions like re-formatng the drive and updating the drivers for the gpu. there are some other problems but those are not as important as the storage and gpu. i am looking for any help please!

Some more info on your setup would help a little 🙂

What CPU do you have paired with the GPU? What HDD do you have (brand and model) and how much storage are you supposed to have? Is it using the default NTFS file system or did you change it (if you don't know what that means then it's NTFS, don't worry)

Additionally: Can you open Task Manager to see what may be causing frame drops? What storage errors are you getting?

i have a ryzan 93900x. The hard drive is a 2tb seagate barracuda and i belive i should be using ntfs. and i have tried to open task manger to see why i am getting them but it does not help.

6 minutes ago, apple_orange said:

i have a ryzan 93900x. The hard drive is a 2tb seagate barracuda and i belive i should be using ntfs. and i have tried to open task manger to see why i am getting them but it does not help.

run checkdsk on your hard drive.. personaly i havn't had one in 6 years....  disks die and get read errors.. get a SSD or nvme for speed. 2TB is a standard nvme size now. 

does those games play from the harddrive?..  that would be like running a supercar with a 1cm exhaust or air intake... choking it to death.. 

40 minutes ago, jojoharry16 said:

Some more info on your setup would help a little 🙂

What CPU do you have paired with the GPU? What HDD do you have (brand and model) and how much storage are you supposed to have? Is it using the default NTFS file system or did you change it (if you don't know what that means then it's NTFS, don't worry)

Additionally: Can you open Task Manager to see what may be causing frame drops? What storage errors are you getting?

29 minutes ago, Robchil said:

run checkdsk on your hard drive.. personaly i havn't had one in 6 years....  disks die and get read errors.. get a SSD or nvme for speed. 2TB is a standard nvme size now. 

does those games play from the harddrive?..  that would be like running a supercar with a 1cm exhaust or air intake... choking it to death.. 

most of those games are on the hard drive that is giving me problems but i forgot to mention that this is also happening on my ssd which is 1 tb but it only lets me use half of it and the games still run bad even on the ssd. i ran CHKDSK and it found no problems 

6 minutes ago, apple_orange said:

most of those games are on the hard drive that is giving me problems but i forgot to mention that this is also happening on my ssd which is 1 tb but it only lets me use half of it and the games still run bad even on the ssd. i ran CHKDSK and it found no problems 

no information on age of the components.. or brand of ssd.. 

check ssd manufacturer for firmware updates.

did you get these disks brand new? 

Download Crystal Disk Info and/or DiskGenius in my signature and view the SMART Info on all your drives. If they report anything less then Good, the drive needs to be replaced.

You can also run a Surface Scan, this is similar to Check Disk but it shows a map of the sectors to see if there are any bad ones.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on any volunteer's post to thank them if they helped .(lower left, just to the right of My Computer )

23 minutes ago, Robchil said:

no information on age of the components.. or brand of ssd.. 

check ssd manufacturer for firmware updates.

did you get these disks brand new? 

i got both of the drives new the ssd is a samsung 870 evo 1tb and the firmware is up to date 

14 minutes ago, spunk.funk said:

Download Crystal Disk Info and/or DiskGenius in my signature and view the SMART Info on all your drives. If they report anything less then Good, the drive needs to be replaced.

You can also run a Surface Scan, this is similar to Check Disk but it shows a map of the sectors to see if there are any bad ones.

crystal disk is reporting that all of them are good so that gives me no information 

4 minutes ago, apple_orange said:

crystal disk is reporting that all of them are good so that gives me no information 

are the segate system drive? or the samsung? 

1 hour ago, Robchil said:

are the segate system drive? or the samsung? 

both of them are 

3 hours ago, apple_orange said:

both of them are 

... where is windows installed? 

and how much ram do you have installed? 

3 hours ago, Robchil said:

... where is windows installed? 

and how much ram do you have installed? 

i have the windows installed on a seperate ssd which is not experiencing the hard drive problems. and i have 32 gb of ram