Help 3000€ config

Drabat

Budget (including currency): 3000€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming streaming

Good evening,

A friend asked me for help for a 3000€ setup. To play all types of games (triple A, competitive games) for QHD, in 240hz (preferably) and perhaps streaming.

Here is the configuration I put together: https://www.topachat.com/s/34EJSL

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4080 AERO OC (16 GB)

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D (4.2 GHz) DDR5

Corsair Vengeance RGB - 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) 6000 MHz -

CAS 30 Corsair RM1000e (ATX 3.0) - 1000W

ASUS TUF GAMING B650-PLUS WIFI

Samsung Series 970 EVO Plus 2TB

be quiet! Pure Loop 2 - 360mm be quiet!

Silent Base 802 Window - Black

What do you think, for my part I have a doubt about the 1000W I think it's overkill I also have a doubt about the 4080 I wonder if a 4070ti will not be more suitable.

If you have any other comments, don't hesitate.

Thank you for your feedback 🙂

You can save some money here and there, but overall this seems like a reasonable build - or it would if not for the fact that the 40 series "Super" cards are due in a few weeks.

If you are able to wait, I would wait for the Super refresh to see what it offers in terms of pricing. A 4070 Ti Super or 4080 Super could potentially be a much better choice depending on what happens with pricing.

If you can't wait for some reason, then while the RTX 4080 is pricey, that's it's only real problem. Otherwise, it's a good GPU. Your options seem to be to either to go up to spending 2200€ on a 4090, or to go down to 900€ on the 4070 Ti - so spend an extra 750€ or save 500€. When it comes to raw price-to-performance, the 4070 Ti would be better here, but I hesitate to recommend it when it only has 12GB of VRAM. If you have to buy now, then I'd lean towards the 4080 if you can justify it in your budget. Again, though, I would recommend waiting if possible.

The 1000W PSU is overkill, but the price isn't outrageous and it's a good quality unit. It's not needed here, but there's nothing wrong with investing in a good PSU. It could prove itself useful in the future.

I do question the 360mm AIO, as not only is it overkill for the 7800X3D, but it also wouldn't last as long as a decent dual-tower air cooler. If you're doing it just for looks, that's fine, but it's truly unnecessary, as the 7800X3D is pretty easy to cool.

Hi,

Thanks for the anwser , i didn't know a refresh gonna be out soon i will probably keep an eye on it 🙂

From that i see on the website i buy all my composant the price for 240 or 360 was not so much different so i take a 360

12 minutes ago, Drabat said:

Hi,

Thanks for the anwser , i didn't know a refresh gonna be out soon i will probably keep an eye on it 🙂

From that i see on the website i buy all my composant the price for 240 or 360 was not so much different so i take a 360

https://www.techpowerup.com/316842/nvidia-geforce-rtx-40-series-super-review-schedule-and-availability-confirmed 

https://www.tomshardware.com/pc-components/gpus/leaked-images-of-asus-geforce-rtx-4070-super-12gb-show-a-16-pin-connector-for-power