are 2 intake and 1 exhaust good? also is Noctua NH_A12x15mm PWM enough or should I use another case fan?

Moon23

Here is my build: 

**Case**: Corsair Tempered Glass, Alloy Steel 4000D Airflow Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX Case, Black (CC-9011200-WW)
**Case Fans(which I currently have planned)**: Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM 120x120x15mm 4-pin PWM 1850rpm Case Fan/Case Cooler
**PSU**: Cooler Master MWE 750 Gold V2 Power Supply - Fully Modular | 80 Plus Gold Certified | 120mm HDB Fan | DC-to-DC Circuit Design | 2 EPS Connectors | 750 Watt

**Motherboard**: GIGABYTE B650M DS3H (AM5/ LGA 1718/ AMD/ B650/ Micro ATX/ 5-Year Warranty/ DDR5/ PCIe 4.0 M.2/ PCIe 4.0/ USB 3.2 Gen2X2 Type-C/ 2.5GbE LAN/Motherboard)
**CPU**: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 6-Core, 12-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor, Socket AM5, 5.3 GHz Max Boost
**CPU Fan**: Deepcool AG620 Dual-Tower 120mm CPU Air Cooler/CPU Fan | Support Intel- LGA2066/2011-v3/2011/1700/1200/1151/1150/1155 & AMD- AM5/AM4 - R-AG620-BKNNMN-G-1
**RAM**: CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB RAM (1x16GB) DDR5 DRAM 5200MHz Memory Kit Black CMK16GX5M1B5200C40
**Storage**: Crucial P5 Plus 1TB PCIe 4.0 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD, up to 6600MB/s - CT1000P5PSSD8
**Monitor**: LG Electronics 24 Inch (60.9Cm) Full Hd Monitor with IPS Panel(1920X1080 Pixel),1Ms,75Hz,AMD Free-Sync with Gaming Mode,3-Side Borderless Design,Vga,Hdmi,Display Port,Tilt Stand - 24Mp60G (Black)

My question is will 2 intake fans at front and 1 exhaust at back be enough?? Also will the Noctua nh-a12x15mm PWM case fans be able to keep the case cool??

15mm are crap i would not use em unless you can only fit a 15mm fan.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

1 minute ago, thrasher_565 said:

15mm are crap i would not use em unless you can only fit a 15mm fan.

if I use 3 of 25mm ones will they be enough?? 2 intake, 1 exhaust

2 minutes ago, Moon23 said:

if I use 3 of 25mm ones will they be enough?? 2 intake, 1 exhaust

you want the front full of fans and 1 back fan and posably a top back fan. and fill any bottem fans. i dont see a gpu listed and depneds on cooler for cpu and what cpu some have problems cooling no mater what cooler or case you have.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

4 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

you want the front full of fans and 1 back fan and posably a top back fan. and fill any bottem fans. i dont see a gpu listed and depneds on cooler for cpu and what cpu some have problems cooling no mater what cooler or case you have.

CPU is Ryzen 5 7600x

and the CPU cooler is AG620 Dual Tower 120mm 

no gpu. 

Two front fans and one rear fan should be plenty, especially with that cooler.  I'd recommend the 25mm thick fans over the 15mm ones because they generate better static pressure

1 hour ago, Moon23 said:

My question is will 2 intake fans at front and 1 exhaust at back be enough?? Also will the Noctua nh-a12x15mm PWM case fans be able to keep the case cool??

Yes. But $35 gets you a 5-pack of P12 PWM PST's so its not an issue to fill out the case with fans. You don't need single $30 Noctua's for case fans.

probably only need one fan in the front and one on the cooler hard to say if you need an exhaust fan. but it would be ideal if both front and cooler fan were the same or simulator in specs.

On 12/27/2023 at 10:47 AM, GuiltySpark_ said:

Yes. But $35 gets you a 5-pack of P12 PWM PST's so its not an issue to fill out the case with fans. You don't need single $30 Noctua's for case fans.

Depends on if you need the extra performance of the Noctua, in which case there are more powerful fans for the same price, or less, like the Arctic P12 Max for starters. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂