New ISP Jellyfin, Plex media servers dont work anymore

Galnir
Go to solution Solved by Galnir,
25 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

That router has to be set to bridge mode. You want it to pass everything back and forth between the ISP infrastructure and your TP-Link router.

What kind of cable does it have connected to its WAN port? Depending on the kind of connection you have at the ONT, you may not even need the ISP-provided router.

That's double NAT. You don't want that. 

Correct. Your TP-Link router expects all traffic to and from the outside world to go through its WAN port. So does your ISP router. If you connect a LAN port on one router to the LAN port on the other, suddenly they're both handing out IP addresses to devices that connect, and your TP-Link router won't have anywhere to send traffic "out".

Hopefully there's just  a firewall setting on the ISP router that's blocking it, and it's not blocked further upstream on the ISP's side.

Thanks so much for trying to help me ! Someone from Jellyfin forums told me to try directly connecting to the server through web browser with IP like this 192.168.0.165:8096, and it worked not even though it didn't before One of the suggestions from people must have changed something.

Hello guy's last week I got fibre installed which works absolutely amazing compared to my old flimsy broadband.

But I noticed I can't use my Jellyfin server any more. I tried fully uninstalling it and reinstalling it, but I can't even get to the part where I set up a server, since I'm unable to connect to it. This is the error I get.bJ3LG7X.png

I am trying to connect to it with the same computer I'm attempting to host it.

I am using newest 10.8.13 version running Windows 10 using my own router TP-Link Archer AX50. Plex server does not work either, just keeps asking me to install server or something. I'm guessing my new ISP is blocking something, but I haven't got a clue what it could be, networking is not something I really know. If you guys could help me figure it out, maybe they could do something on their end to fix it.

If you're connecting from the same network and using your own router the ISP should have nothing to do with that. What changed in your network setup with the new ISP?

Can you reach it from another device?

Is any ISP-provided hardware set to bridge (pass through) mode? If they added their own gateway as part of the install, it could be blocking something. (Or your server isn't happy going through double NAT.)

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

10 minutes ago, Sjaakie said:

If you're connecting from the same network and using your own router the ISP should have nothing to do with that. What changed in your network setup with the new ISP?

Can you reach it from another device?

With fibre installation, I got a new router from my ISP. That router is connected to my own router TP-Link Archer AX50 via Ethernet cable to WAN port. I have tried connecting it to LAN, but then I couldn't access my router settings page for some reason. That's my internet set up right now. It's the same as with my previous ISP, as far as I can remember, I'm just not sure if my own router was connected to a LAN or WAN port.

What device did you get from the ISP? If it's really a router it should be in bridge mode indeed, you never use 2 normal routers for 1 network.

Though I still think your TPlink should be able to handle local traffic in any situation.

13 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Is any ISP-provided hardware set to bridge (pass through) mode? If they added their own gateway as part of the install, it could be blocking something. (Or your server isn't happy going through double NAT.)

I have tried running Jellyfin server directly just with ISP router, but that didn't work either, shouldn't be double NAT if I understood correctly what you meant. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it that gateway thing you mentioned is what's causing this. The engineer that was installing fibre for me did say that most people couldn't use their own router because of set to bridge mode, but for some it worked. I assumed I was one of those people that were lucky, and it worked for me too since I was able to use it through WAN, but maybe it doesn't work fully.

18 minutes ago, Galnir said:

With fibre installation, I got a new router from my ISP.

That router has to be set to bridge mode. You want it to pass everything back and forth between the ISP infrastructure and your TP-Link router.

What kind of cable does it have connected to its WAN port? Depending on the kind of connection you have at the ONT, you may not even need the ISP-provided router.

That router is connected to my own router TP-Link Archer AX50 via Ethernet cable to WAN port

I have tried connecting it to LAN, but then I couldn't access my router settings page for some reason.

Correct. Your TP-Link router expects all traffic to and from the outside world to go through its WAN port. So does your ISP router. If you connect a LAN port on one router to the LAN port on the other, suddenly they're both handing out IP addresses to devices that connect, and your TP-Link router won't have anywhere to send traffic "out".

5 minutes ago, Galnir said:

I have tried running Jellyfin server directly just with ISP router, but that didn't work either

Hopefully there's just  a firewall setting on the ISP router that's blocking it, and it's not blocked further upstream on the ISP's side.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

4 minutes ago, Sjaakie said:

What device did you get from the ISP? If it's really a router it should be in bridge mode indeed, you never use 2 normal routers for 1 network.

Though I still think your TPlink should be able to handle local traffic in any situation.

Looks like they gave me Nokia ONT XS-2426G-A

I have tried running Jelly fin just with ISP router, but it still doesn't work.

25 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Thanks so much for trying to help me ! Someone from Jellyfin forums told me to try directly connecting to the server through web browser with IP like this 192.168.0.165:8096, and it worked not even though it didn't before One of the suggestions from people must have changed something.