Proper SFF mITX case with 340mm long GPU support

Go to solution Solved by GuiltySpark_,
56 minutes ago, Agall said:

I specify proper/true SFX/ITX case since someone could be a dweeb and just say a Corsair 5000D since it has listed mITX compatibility. 

Ok fair enough. I know when some people say that they have something like <10L or something silly in mind. 

It appears NCASE has a follow up to the M1 creatively called the M1 EVO that may have compatibility. I'm typing this right as I have to get and run so I can't dig into the measurements but check it out. https://ncased.com/collections/m1/products/m1evo-angled-kit-black-color?variant=44134438928552 

Hello all,

I don't think my request has a solution, but a true SFF case with 340mm long GPU support, specifically something as large as an RTX 4090 Gaming OC. Most cases I see have maximum support <10mm from 340mm, being one of the largest GPUs on the market.

Keeping in mind that its not only a length limitation, but a girth limitation as well. Practically speaking, the card is already cramped in a mid tower, barely having room for the front fans.

Feel free to prove me wrong though 🙂 

I might end up getting another Fractal Design Ridge anyways for when those 8000G APUs come out, plan to mount an EKWB 280mm AIO in the top section for it. A deshroud mod might afford the extra few millimeters necessary to fit within 335mm.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

11 minutes ago, Agall said:

true SFF case

Can you define that? Meshroom S V2 can support GPUs up to 4 slots, 343mm in length, 152mm in width but it might be too large. 

9 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Can you define that? Meshroom S V2 can support GPUs up to 4 slots, 343mm in length, 152mm in width but it might be too large. 

I specify proper/true SFX/ITX case since someone could be a dweeb and just say a Corsair 5000D since it has listed mITX compatibility. 

Looks like that Meshroom is a contender, on the larger size of mITX which is almost a prerequisite to the request.

I will say, that FD Ridge mod I found is very compelling... I'm getting bored of standard ATX and want to go back mITX, already have a FD Ridge build under my belt (dad's system) and its an excellent case. 

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

56 minutes ago, Agall said:

Ok fair enough. I know when some people say that they have something like <10L or something silly in mind. 

It appears NCASE has a follow up to the M1 creatively called the M1 EVO that may have compatibility. I'm typing this right as I have to get and run so I can't dig into the measurements but check it out. https://ncased.com/collections/m1/products/m1evo-angled-kit-black-color?variant=44134438928552 

1 hour ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Oh wow, look at that. I have one of the Ncase M1 V6 iirc, looks like they finally upgraded it to meet the market demand.

359mm max length I'm seeing, even ATX PSU compatible. Looks like it'll require a 92mm air cooler just like the Ncase M1 did with its 135mm max CPU cooler height.

Thanks for proving me wrong 😄 

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Yeah I hadn't seen that EVO either. Personal favorites are the Lian Li A4-H2O and FormD T1 but their limits are 4090FE and not much more. 

On 12/20/2023 at 4:31 PM, GuiltySpark_ said:

Yeah I hadn't seen that EVO either. Personal favorites are the Lian Li A4-H2O and FormD T1 but their limits are 4090FE and not much more. 

Cooler Master NCORE 100 MAX ITX SFF Tower Case, Custom 120mm AIO, 850W SFX Gold ATX3.0 PSU, 4 Slot GPU, Vertical Mount GPU, PCIe 4.0 Riser, Anodized Aluminum, USB Type C, NR100-MNNN85-SL0 - Newegg.com

Lists 357mm GPU length, looks on par with some of the other vertical orientated cases. This one coming with a custom 120mm AIO and 850W PSU, similar to their NR200P Max.

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

4 minutes ago, Agall said:

Cooler Master NCORE 100 MAX ITX SFF Tower Case, Custom 120mm AIO, 850W SFX Gold ATX3.0 PSU, 4 Slot GPU, Vertical Mount GPU, PCIe 4.0 Riser, Anodized Aluminum, USB Type C, NR100-MNNN85-SL0 - Newegg.com

Lists 357mm GPU length, looks on par with some of the other vertical orientated cases. This one coming with a custom 120mm AIO and 850W PSU, similar to their NR200P Max.

Huh, didn't know that existed. Its stylish, I'll give it that. 

I like the NR200 Max for its simplicity with the included AIO and PSU. 

7 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Huh, didn't know that existed. Its stylish, I'll give it that. 

I like the NR200 Max for its simplicity with the included AIO and PSU. 

Neither did I, happened to stumble upon it today. Released 2 days ago, so its new to the market. Was at CES 2023 though and featured in a few sets of major coverage. 

NR200P Max is a great case, this one just seems to have the advantage of GPU length. 280mm AIO being overkill for a lot of mITX systems, so if a 120mm is still sufficient, then why not.

Instead of rebuilding my rig into mITX, I'll likely scratch the mITX itch once the 8700G comes out. Simply CPU swap it from my R5 7600 which is currently in one of those In Win mini PC cases, might throw it in a FD Ridge instead with my EKWB 280mm Elite AIO mounted in the top GPU compartment. Mostly to run my TV, but would be cool none the less. 

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500