Anyone want to help me make a custom PCIe bracket?

NickKz

Wondering if anyone would be willing to help me out with this, I am hoping to get a custom bracket 3d printed / fab'd / etc. that will work in this system, as I posted about here:

I have a digital caliper and I have measured the blank bracket, and I also found a STL of the Intel card online already...If I knew how to actually modify the STL file and make my own model, I would.

I tried, but I couldn't figure out how to use Fusion 360, heh.

I would be willing to compensate you for your time and help.  

Let me know, cheers.

You havent tried looking up a tutorial on yt for modifying an stl file? Or atleast a tutorial on how to use fusion 360?

ill see if i can run fusion 360 for myself but all i have is my moms work laptop and my moms old laptop that i gotta fix and im pretty sure a 9500gt or gts250 aint gonna cut it even if i do have a couple x58 systems

12 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

You havent tried looking up a tutorial on yt for modifying an stl file? Or atleast a tutorial on how to use fusion 360?

ill see if i can run fusion 360 for myself but all i have is my moms work laptop and my moms old laptop that i gotta fix and im pretty sure a 9500gt or gts250 aint gonna cut it even if i do have a couple x58 systems

I had about an hour to spend on it, and yeah, I watched a couple videos and still could not figure it out, got frustrated and gave up.   I couldn’t even figure out how to draw a simple shape to an actual ruler like with true to size 3D dimensions.  The way the ruler works, it’s just totally nonsensical for whatever reason.  It’s not like Photoshop, I can tell you that much, lol.

2 hours ago, NickKz said:

Wondering if anyone would be willing to help me out with this, I am hoping to get a custom bracket 3d printed / fab'd / etc. that will work in this system, as I posted about here:

I have a digital caliper and I have measured the blank bracket, and I also found a STL of the Intel card online already...If I knew how to actually modify the STL file and make my own model, I would.

I tried, but I couldn't figure out how to use Fusion 360, heh.

I would be willing to compensate you for your time and help.  

Let me know, cheers.

Send me the measurements, I'd be happy to help.

On 12/16/2023 at 10:26 PM, Blue4130 said:

Send me the measurements, I'd be happy to help.

Looks like someone has made the full size version already. It should help in aiding creation of the low profile verison

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4783938

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Yep, I found the LP version for the dual SFP x520.  

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4291895/files

And here’s the HP blank bracket I measured with a digital caliper, what I’ve got so far anyway.  I wish I could just learn to make the model myself.  Maybe I’ll try again this weekend.  

IMG_6701.jpeg

IMG_6700.jpeg

5 hours ago, NickKz said:

Yep, I found the LP version for the dual SFP x520.  

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4291895/files

And here’s the HP blank bracket I measured with a digital caliper, what I’ve got so far anyway.  I wish I could just learn to make the model myself.  Maybe I’ll try again this weekend.  

IMG_6701.jpeg

IMG_6700.jpeg

I've started to work on this, but one dimension is needed still. How thick is the steel?

2 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

I've started to work on this, but one dimension is needed still. How thick is the steel?

The HP blank slot bracket is 0.0325” thick 

And the Intel LP bracket is 0.0355” thick 

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, NickKz said:

Dude!  That looks amazing.  Holy crap.  Sorry I've been busy with holidays and such.  Are you able to get the SFP holes and under bracket screw tab locations from this?  https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4291895/files

Yep I probably can. It was fun practice. I am by no means a cad master, so I enjoy doing stuff like this to learn more.

• 1 month later...

Can you share the source if you still have it?  I’m gonna try to work on this again.  This computer has been a nightmare, the mobo died 😞 ugh…

edit; I figured out the main issue — you actually can’t edit STL files directly…I didn’t know that.  I spent an hour trying to do something that’s not even possible lmao.