Trying to install youcompleteme plugin for Vim.

Gat Pelsinger

This plugin installation is such a headache for me. I am wandering around downloading many files and wasting for storage for hours but still failing to install. I am install youcompleteme using vim-plug on Windows. I installed the plugin but I need to compile and configure it. I installed Python 3, but when I do "python3 --version" it throws me an alias error but if I just do "python --version" it works. And when I go to run install.py in the plugin's folder, I get an error saying that MSVC was not found. Through Visual Studio installer, I already chose the desktop development with C++, but in the optional section I only chose MSVC v142 and CMake as that was also said to be installed in the readme file. I unchecked Windows 10 SDK, testing tools core and C++ AddressSanitizer, as I don't have much storage. But still I get that error when running install.py. I noticed msvc is not included in my PATH. So I literally included all the bin directories I could find in the folder, but still no success. I tried through the developer command prompt of VS 2019 but still the error didn't go away.

Microsoft owns my soul.

Also, Dell is evil, but HP kinda nice.

Update - I install the full C++ development kit, but still not success. I really want to uninstall stuff I don't need because I really don't have much storage.

Microsoft owns my soul.

Also, Dell is evil, but HP kinda nice.