When trying to stream on discord audio goes away pc becomes slow and unresponsive

PaulZStorm

When trying to stream on Discord audio goes away pc becomes slow and unresponsive

I've tried doing any troubleshooting steps that I could to no avail.

I've recently upgraded from a rx 6600 xt to a RTX 4070
With the RX 6600 XT I never had this issue.
Everything works fine I can stream with obs I can do everything but stream on discord.
I am suspecting the PSU I have a Gigabyte P750GM 750 W 80+ Gold
my current pc specs here https://pcpartpicker.com/user/BassOnWeb/saved/#view=8ZNLyc
I didn't think that it would be such a hassle, I even reinstalled the Windows many times, I haven't tried Windows 10 though. 
If you have any idea, please I am at the end of my ropes.

35 minutes ago, PaulZStorm said:

When trying to stream on Discord audio goes away pc becomes slow and unresponsive

I've tried doing any troubleshooting steps that I could to no avail.

I've recently upgraded from a rx 6600 xt to a RTX 4070
With the RX 6600 XT I never had this issue.
Everything works fine I can stream with obs I can do everything but stream on discord.
I am suspecting the PSU I have a Gigabyte P750GM 750 W 80+ Gold
my current pc specs here https://pcpartpicker.com/user/BassOnWeb/saved/#view=8ZNLyc
I didn't think that it would be such a hassle, I even reinstalled the Windows many times, I haven't tried Windows 10 though. 
If you have any idea, please I am at the end of my ropes.

What about your cpu? Discord might run an encoder that utilizes the cpu, so if that is lacking it can cause slow downs and unresponsiveness.

25 minutes ago, Dephindender said:

What about your cpu? Discord might run an encoder that utilizes the cpu, so if that is lacking it can cause slow downs and unresponsiveness.

I did take a look at your pc part picker. Realistically, you should be able to stream. Definitely be pushing the cpu to its limits depending frame rate (for game and stream) and game demands. Temp could also be a problem, though unlikely for an 8 core. I also know that discord has an option for hardware encoder "should set encoding to gpu". A 750 power supply should be sufficient enough, but that can also be assuming it's not old and abused.

On 12/11/2023 at 10:52 PM, Dephindender said:

I did take a look at your pc part picker. Realistically, you should be able to stream. Definitely be pushing the cpu to its limits depending frame rate (for game and stream) and game demands. Temp could also be a problem, though unlikely for an 8 core. I also know that discord has an option for hardware encoder "should set encoding to gpu". A 750 power supply should be sufficient enough, but that can also be assuming it's not old and abused.

So, I think it could be the headset, if I try streaming with other audio devices the issue does not happen. I never had this issue and it just started happening. 

2 hours ago, PaulZStorm said:

So, I think it could be the headset, if I try streaming with other audio devices the issue does not happen. I never had this issue and it just started happening. 

If sound is your main concern right now. Then I would go into the audio settings for both discord and your pc and make sure your headphones, mic, or whichever headset combo you're using is properly selected. I know for me that discord once in awhile after an update will "forget" my selected options.