Opinions on this kind of PC setup

VirusDumb

He starts showing off his setup at 2:38, you can see the PSU hanging in the thumbnail, and later on you see the mobo and the hdd hanging behind too, and the monitor and speakers being suspended off the wires too.

Some context: IITs are the Big Ivy league type colleges of engineering in India with acceptance rates lower than 0.1%, (you gotta give an exam called JEE, which is considered one of the hardest in the world, and then you gotta rank like in the top 10k out of 1 million other students, then give another harder maxxed out difficulty level of the same exam called JEE advanced to get selected)(I was preparing for it until I fucked up and now I'll have to try again next year, so that's why yt algorithm blessed my feed with this)

Is this build practical or does it provide any additional benefit?

will having a build like this improve my grades

Usually call messy and intertwined cables a rat nest, but I guess this is a birds nest?

Idk...ugly, impractical, and potentially dangerous.

Parasoshill

adjective

• A person whose parasocial relationship with a social media influencer or content creator has driven them to promote or blindly defend them, acting as a shill for their benefit.

They were absolutely just messing around, it’s ye olde cloud computing meme

There’s no benefit to doing this other than that it’s funny

IMG_1012.jpeg.f660b2a50f48f9148d027f709c64fcec.jpeg

and sometimes it could just be because the build is unique, there’s no reason to do a mineral oil submerged pc that looks like a fish tank, it’s objectively worse than any other build, but it is cool because not many pcs are built like that 

1 hour ago, 8tg said:

They were absolutely just messing around, it’s ye olde cloud computing meme

There’s no benefit to doing this other than that it’s funny

IMG_1012.jpeg.f660b2a50f48f9148d027f709c64fcec.jpeg

and sometimes it could just be because the build is unique, there’s no reason to do a mineral oil submerged pc that looks like a fish tank, it’s objectively worse than any other build, but it is cool because not many pcs are built like that 

That video seems to be the oldest instance of someone doing it I could find, also he's a engineer and the rest of the stuff in his hostel room are just him trying to show off his engineering skills

9 minutes ago, VirusDumb said:

That video seems to be the oldest instance of someone doing it I could find, also he's a engineer and the rest of the stuff in his hostel room are just him trying to show off his engineering skills

Hostel rooms don't have much... room.

I have a tough time believing you seriously think there's some kind of advantage to this (apart from conserving desk space) or that it could improve your grades. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

12 hours ago, Middcore said:

Hostel rooms don't have much... room.

I have a tough time believing you seriously think there's some kind of advantage to this (apart from conserving desk space) or that it could improve your grades. 

That was a joke