Racing Rig - Every Game Crashes Almost Instantly

Beeeyeee

Hey all!

I built a racing rig with my dad, installed windows 10 home n, everything ran great after driver updates and all that. I didn’t play much but we drove around in dirt Talley changing settings for about an hour.  

then we ended up with a windows 10 pro key so I reinstalled windows clean, installed all the same updates, drivers and programs but now every time a launch a game there’s a problem. 

some games like assetto corsa will run right up until you actually go into the race. Odd thing is there’s a pre-game screen where it’s rending the car so it’s odd that works but the game doesn’t. Once I click start, the computer crashes, all screens turn black and the computer restarts after some glitchy noises. 

other games like F1 run for about 30 seconds before completely crashing the same way. 

this seems to be regardless of any in game settings.  

PC specs 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6950 XT

Motherboard: Gigabyte B650 Gaming XT X

32GB Teamgroup 6000 DDR5

Samsung 990 pro Nvme

im not running any overclock, i turned off xmp and the temps are up to 85C on the cpu (air cooler) and 70 on the gpu. 

I figured it would be graphics drivers but I updated them before launching any games and then again now and no change. 

Where do I go from here? I’m at a loss of even figuring out what I need to fix let alone how to fix it! Any help would be sincerely appreciated!!

what is the power supply

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

44 minutes ago, Middcore said:

what is the power supply

850w Corsair. It doesn’t seem like anything is getting power cut off as much as it’s just glitching out like it’s a driver issue. How would I go about reverting drivers or something like that?

Describe "glitchy noises," please. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16