13700k 3080 10gb

skrrtpickle
Go to solution Solved by theRatty,

No need for a new psu with those hardware upgrades. In terms of a cooler, it seems fine as well, it will run a tad hot but well within spec. I'm not the most seasoned tech expert so if I'm wrong on anything please correct me

I have a system with a 750w gold PSU (brand Segotep [I know it's a mid brand it was on sale for black friday]), and was planning on upgrading the CPU from a 3900x to a 13700k (I am also aware of the bottleneck with the 3080, I just upgraded gpu), so of course, I want to save as much money as possible. So would I need to upgrade the PSU? Another question I have is if I would need to upgrade my CPU cooler. I currently have a cooler master Hyper 212 EVO, which is rated at 150w, and the 13700k is rated for 125 at the base (I would not be doing any overclocking btw), so theoretically I wouldn't have to upgrade it. And if I do need to upgrade, any suggestions under $100? 

for this price it would be a way better idea to get the 7800X3D, it consumes way less power, so it would probably be fine with your cooler, unlike the 13700K, which consumes like double the power. I think the psu will be fine with both cpus tho, but the 13700K will definitely push it to it's limits

If you want to save money you only swap your current CPU to a 5800X3D instaed of buying a new CPU, mobo and RAM.

What's the exact model of the PSU?

No need for a new psu with those hardware upgrades. In terms of a cooler, it seems fine as well, it will run a tad hot but well within spec. I'm not the most seasoned tech expert so if I'm wrong on anything please correct me

2 hours ago, phatrattyy said:

Thanks. I might get an aio just to be safe 

2 hours ago, MiszS said:

for this price it would be a way better idea to get the 7800X3D, it consumes way less power, so it would probably be fine with your cooler, unlike the 13700K, which consumes like double the power. I think the psu will be fine with both cpus tho, but the 13700K will definitely push it to it's limits

I'm trying to go intel but thanks anyway!

12 hours ago, skrrtpickle said:

I'm trying to go intel but thanks anyway!

Why intel tho? Unless you need those extra cores for work, there's no reason to go intel