3D printing clumping and gettign worse

shinegull
Go to solution Solved by shinegull,
1 hour ago, Yua said:

Oh, something popped into my head. When you get the printer, it comes disassembled, right?

Make sure that the two posts have a 90-degree angle on them in reference to the body. Maybe use a square as you tighten the screws from the buttom.

image.jpeg.8f24d8cec82d369f396f46f79542d7d4.jpeg

dont have a proper right angle ready. but i did check the bolts underneath. its 3 small bolts per side

they were a tad loose.

However, printing still failed. and then i changed the nozzle and simpler print design.

i was a bit worried since the first try still failed, though it failed less? there was parts that showed that it was improving.

so cleaned again. glue stick on. and print is 99% good so far on the first layer. there was a bit of stringing on the first corner. but i am satifisfied. ive got about 45 minutes till print end, so fingers crossed.

if it works, im gonna keep a small supply of nozzle heads

I got a Ender 3 V3 SE about 1 week and half ago, and it was going really well.... until today, I started having issues where its been clumping.

I tried cleaning thoroughly, with alcohol.

redid the auto level

did the calibration thing before the print.

slowed down the initial layer to roughly 10 to 20 mm speed

i noticed the clumping was getting worse and worse everytime i try.

stringing seems to be geting worse as well

Print seems to be dragging as well

PXL_20231205_033307511.jpg

PXL_20231205_055552672.jpg

PXL_20231205_055549011.jpg

Hmm, what material are you printing with (including brand)? What are your set temperatures?

Has the room in which you have been printing gotten colder due to the winter?

Qoute my reply if you want me to answer back. 

8 minutes ago, Yua said:

Hmm, what material are you printing with (including brand)? What are your set temperatures?

Has the room in which you have been printing gotten colder due to the winter?

I think my room is pretty warm. Since my my pc is also running in the same room, and im wearing a t-shirt.

Material is PLA from overture. Temp is 205, bed plate 60

I completed a 6 pc build a couple days with minimal issue. initial layer had some trouble with the circle, at the time. I slowed the print down, for the first layer, and then ramped it back up to normal after

but generally, even if i didnt, the circle would just have a couple string inside, that was easy to clear out

Temps seem normal. Can you try printing at 215 °C and see what happens?  Also, do you have clearer pictures of the print? This were a little blurry.

It looks like sometimes the nozzle height is good and other times its too far away.

The auto-level tool is only as good as the initial calibration.

check out this step guide: https://wiki.utd.ms/3d-printing/zoffset

Also, a reminder to print in a room that's not your main studio or bedroom unless it's well ventilated. 3D printers create very fine microplastics that can be harmful to your health in the long run.

17 hours ago, Yua said:

Temps seem normal. Can you try printing at 215 °C and see what happens?  Also, do you have clearer pictures of the print? This were a little blurry.

It looks like sometimes the nozzle height is good and other times its too far away.

Also, a reminder to print in a room that's not your main studio or bedroom unless it's well ventilated. 3D printers create very fine microplastics that can be harmful to your health in the long run.

increase the heat, didnt help as much

8 hours ago, FlyingPotato_is_taken said:

Check your bed levelling (nozzle distance is probably too large).

cleaned. then re did the leveling and offset

notable improvement.

Its not perfect. but it is a lot better than before.

i did keep the increase in heat though, so not sure if that also had a difference

PXL_20231206_005930244.jpg

On 12/4/2023 at 11:32 PM, Yua said:

ender 3 se has an autolevel function and auto z-offset and an optional calibration before print.

Do i need to redo the level before every print?

I almost always do the calibration before a print but still get the first layer being visibly less than perfect and kinda rough

No. Its not normal. If you are losing bed leveling every time, it means there is something loose on the machine.

Grab a side of the bed with your hand and move it up and down to try and feel if there is any play.

Make sure to start the auto-leveling when the nozzle and bed are close to the temperature you are planning to print.

When it does the auto-leveling, does it show the height differences of the grid in mm on the screen?

All the values should be below 1 mm.

I don't have that same model, but the principles are the same as for any other 3D printer. its just that I can't give you specific instructions.

2 hours ago, Yua said:

No. Its not normal. If you are losing bed leveling every time, it means there is something loose on the machine.

Grab a side of the bed with your hand and move it up and down to try and feel if there is any play.

Make sure to start the auto-leveling when the nozzle and bed are close to the temperature you are planning to print.

When it does the auto-leveling, does it show the height differences of the grid in mm on the screen?

All the values should be below 1 mm.

I don't have that same model, but the principles are the same as for any other 3D printer. its just that I can't give you specific instructions.

bed leveling stays mostly the same every time. its not exact, but generally within .1 change

and... the blobbing,clumping and stringing is back.

just in case, cleaned the plate. put glue on (thats why the bed looks like that) did the leveling, did the calibration  then print

leveling and calibration is done with a heated bed.

as its printing, it kinda looks like the filament is dragging?

should i try changing the nozzle next?

not only that, when the initial layer goes decently well, eventually it gets to the point, where struts start stringing. (sorry, dont have a picture, but it looks like an upside down christmas tree drawing)

PXL_20231207_034047789.jpg

PXL_20231207_034051920.jpg

PXL_20231207_034123508.jpg

Look at the prime line. It changes thickness, which is a sign of not having a flat bed. Even the blobs seem to be suspended over the bed. Normally, the nozzle should extrude into the bed and squeeze it out a little.

Have you checked on Creality's website for a firmware update for this machine?

Oh, something popped into my head. When you get the printer, it comes disassembled, right?

Make sure that the two posts have a 90-degree angle on them in reference to the body. Maybe use a square as you tighten the screws from the buttom.

1 hour ago, Yua said:

dont have a proper right angle ready. but i did check the bolts underneath. its 3 small bolts per side

they were a tad loose.

However, printing still failed. and then i changed the nozzle and simpler print design.

i was a bit worried since the first try still failed, though it failed less? there was parts that showed that it was improving.

so cleaned again. glue stick on. and print is 99% good so far on the first layer. there was a bit of stringing on the first corner. but i am satifisfied. ive got about 45 minutes till print end, so fingers crossed.

if it works, im gonna keep a small supply of nozzle heads

20 hours ago, Yua said:

nozzle worked. printing was 99 % good. ty for the troubleshooting steps