Go to solution Solved by Hinjima,
11 minutes ago, __Dreamer__ said:

Hi
I'm planning on a new editing and motion design rig
I've already bough a ryzen 9 5900x and a b550 MSi mb

Case is 4000d

Looking for the psu

GPU will be RTX 3060 12GB

I was thinking between Seasonic Focus GX 750W and Corsair RM750x. I had the oppurtunity to try the latter for a pc rig and the integrated caps in the cabled really pissed me off. So i was looking for an alternative
Not to mention, in italy the seasonic is like 50 bucks cheaper

which one should i buy?

thanks

Both will do equaly well. They are both very reliable units with 10 year warranties 🙂
They are both very quiet in terms of operation but the Rmx wins in terms of noise levels.   I personaly use the RM750i/x and I love it, I have never heard the fan spinning and its been bulletproof.  Used the RMx series in over 20 builds without issues.

The Rmx series usually score a bit higher in reviews than the Focus GX.

But for 50 bucks less?  Buy the Focus GX 750W. The Rm750x is not 50 bucks better than the Focus GX.

Hi

Case is 4000d

Looking for the psu

I was thinking between Seasonic Focus GX 750W and Corsair RM750x. I had the oppurtunity to try the latter for a pc rig and the integrated caps in the cabled really pissed me off. So i was looking for an alternative

which one should i buy?

thanks

11 minutes ago, __Dreamer__ said:

Hi

Case is 4000d

Looking for the psu

which one should i buy?

thanks

Both will do equaly well. They are both very reliable units with 10 year warranties 🙂
They are both very quiet in terms of operation but the Rmx wins in terms of noise levels.   I personaly use the RM750i/x and I love it, I have never heard the fan spinning and its been bulletproof.  Used the RMx series in over 20 builds without issues.

But for 50 bucks less?  Buy the Focus GX 750W. The Rm750x is not 50 bucks better than the Focus GX.

4 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

thanks a lot

4 minutes ago, __Dreamer__ said:

thanks a lot

No Problem 🙂  The Focus GX series is one of the most popular PSU's on the market.
10 year warranty, reliable, good noise levels and the price is good. 

There's a lot between the Focus and RMx.

First https://it.pcpartpicker.com/product/ZCQcCJ/nzxt-c750-2022-750-w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-pa-7g1bb-us is better than the Focus for a comparable price. Better platform, better fan, better fancontrol, 50 degree rating instead of 40 degree and better cables and connectors.

https://it.pcpartpicker.com/product/nhC48d/msi-mpg-a850g-pcie5-850-w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-mpg-a850g-pcie5 is ATX3.0 and even Corsairs own Shift is not much more expensive than the regular RMx https://it.pcpartpicker.com/product/bGJp99/corsair-rm750x-shift-750-w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-side-interface-atx-power-supply-cp-9020251-na There's no reason to buy the Seasonic or regular RMx.

28 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

There's a lot between the Focus and RMx.

First https://it.pcpartpicker.com/product/ZCQcCJ/nzxt-c750-2022-750-w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-pa-7g1bb-us is better than the Focus for a comparable price. Better platform, better fan, better fancontrol, 50 degree rating instead of 40 degree and better cables and connectors.

https://it.pcpartpicker.com/product/nhC48d/msi-mpg-a850g-pcie5-850-w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-mpg-a850g-pcie5 is ATX3.0 and even Corsairs own Shift is not much more expensive than the regular RMx https://it.pcpartpicker.com/product/bGJp99/corsair-rm750x-shift-750-w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-side-interface-atx-power-supply-cp-9020251-na There's no reason to buy the Seasonic or regular RMx.

nzxt doesn't seems too good on the tier list

4 hours ago, --SID-- said:

LOL, it's Tier A.

Ironic... it's listed as being a Seasonic Focus in the tiers spreadsheet. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

9 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

Ironic... it's listed as being a Seasonic Focus in the tiers spreadsheet. 

The V1 is a Seasonic Focus inside. The V2 (or 2022) I recommand has the CSZ platform by CWT.

1 hour ago, --SID-- said:

The V1 is a Seasonic Focus inside. The V2 (or 2022) I recommand has the CSZ platform by CWT.

Which is interesting since CWT brand is listed without models. Manufacturer only?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

Just now, seon123 said:

Not that interested, but thanks. 

Both are fine, I prefer Seasonic from personal experience, but at that price difference I would take whichever is cheaper.

1 hour ago, ousmpower said:

the Seasonic Focus GX 750W seems like a promising option

With the NZXT C750 Gold V2 (2022) there's a better alternative for the Focus GX for less money.

Edit: I see the price of the NZXT raised with €33 since my latest reaction. https://it.pcpartpicker.com/product/NVBzK8/enermax-revolution-df-x-1050-w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-ert1050ewt dropped a lot and it's ATX3.0. This would be my first recommandation atm.

22 hours ago, --SID-- said:

With the NZXT C750 Gold V2 (2022) there's a better alternative for the Focus GX for less money.

Edit: I see the price of the NZXT raised with €33 since my latest reaction. https://it.pcpartpicker.com/product/NVBzK8/enermax-revolution-df-x-1050-w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-ert1050ewt dropped a lot and it's ATX3.0. This would be my first recommandation atm.

I've seen it
bit concerned for the RGB, looks like useless and also the brand is a little bit concering

What is conserning about Enermax. It's one of the oldest PSU brands. Like any other brand they have good and bad PSUs. The Revolution DF X is one of the best 1000w PSUs on the market.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2023 at 12:23 PM, __Dreamer__ said:

I've seen it
bit concerned for the RGB, looks like useless and also the brand is a little bit concering

NZXT PSUs are made by Seasonic.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

7 minutes ago, Nocte said:

Some of them were, but their newer ones are made by more reputable manufacturers. 

:)

On 12/16/2023 at 11:54 AM, Nocte said:

Arent all PSU's made by either Seasonic or SuperFlower and others just slap they label on it?

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti and RTX 6800 | Corshair psu

2 hours ago, Ralf said:

Arent all PSU's made by either Seasonic or SuperFlower and others just slap they label on it?

With all PSUs you mean all PSUs? No, Super Flower and Seasonic are just small manufacturers. CWT, Delta, FSP, Great Wall and HEC for example, are much lager OEMs.