rx 6700 xt for streaming

Hello, so i know there is a similar post but with some differences on my specs.

I'm thinking of buying the rx 6700xt for gaming and streaming on Twitch but i hear a lot of people say no because of the encoding that has problems with Twitch. Note that i cannot stream on 6000 bitrate because of my internet connection (even though i have 10mbps upload speed my bandwidth doesn't reach this mbps idk why) 

Do you think it's gonna be a good idea buying this one or should i go for a 3060 12GB? I know the performance is worse than the 6700xt but in terms of streaming i can go a bit lower on graphics since i dont play this much of a demanding games.

Or you think going on lower GB of VRAM for the 4060 8GB is another solution?

The AMD x264 encoder has significantly worse quality at the same bitrate vs NVIDIA which unfortunately is the only thing you can use to stream to Twitch. It's still usable though... but worse quality.

However their HEVC encoder runs circles around NVIDIA as most of cloud gaming servers were used with AMD cards they did put a lot of effort into it and you can use it to stream on YouTube. While the HEVC quality is roughly the same as NVIDIA the encoding speed is many, many times faster.

For Twitch you can also always stick with CPU encoding... if you have good enough CPU. Heck, if you have an Intel CPU you can use the Intel QuickSync with the iGPU to encode instead... Intels QuickSync with modern iGPUs actually has even better x264 quality at the same bitrate than NVENC from NVIDIA

5 minutes ago, WereCat said:

The AMD x264 encoder has significantly worse quality at the same bitrate vs NVIDIA which unfortunately is the only thing you can use to stream to Twitch. It's still usable though... but worse quality.

However their HEVC encoder runs circles around NVIDIA as most of cloud gaming servers were used with AMD cards they did put a lot of effort into it and you can use it to stream on YouTube. While the HEVC quality is roughly the same as NVIDIA the encoding speed is many, many times faster.

For Twitch you can also always stick with CPU encoding... if you have good enough CPU. Heck, if you have an Intel CPU you can use the Intel QuickSync with the iGPU to encode instead... Intels QuickSync with modern iGPUs actually has even better x264 quality at the same bitrate than NVENC from NVIDIA

my cpu is ryzen 5 5600g, i don't know if there is any option for this one

Just now, npp said:

my cpu is ryzen 5 5600g, i don't know if there is any option for this one

IDK if AMD iGPUs have encoding but if yes it will be the same situation as with 6700XT.

Regarding CPU encoding the performance hit from that may be noticeable or not depending on what kind of games you play. It's definitely way more demanding than doing it on GPU.

11 minutes ago, WereCat said:

IDK if AMD iGPUs have encoding but if yes it will be the same situation as with 6700XT.

Regarding CPU encoding the performance hit from that may be noticeable or not depending on what kind of games you play. It's definitely way more demanding than doing it on GPU.

so you recommend going for either 3060 12GB or 4060 8GB?

3 minutes ago, npp said:

so you recommend going for either 3060 12GB or 4060 8GB?

I don't recommend anything. The decision is up to you, I just provided more context so you can make more informed decision.

If you'll go for 4060 it also has the new AV1 encoding which will definitely be used a lot in hopefully near future but for now you can ignore it.

For x264 it does not matter if you'll go 4060 or 3060. The 4060 is faster card as long as you don't need more than 8GB of VRAM.

1 hour ago, WereCat said:

I don't recommend anything. The decision is up to you, I just provided more context so you can make more informed decision.

If you'll go for 4060 it also has the new AV1 encoding which will definitely be used a lot in hopefully near future but for now you can ignore it.

For x264 it does not matter if you'll go 4060 or 3060. The 4060 is faster card as long as you don't need more than 8GB of VRAM.

i have no doubt about both NVIDIAs encoding, and for 4060 the graphics are gonna be a bit better than 3060, my problem is the 8GB because idk how much i'm gonna need since i never had a gpu before because i was always playing on integrated graphics. I'm very confused too on which one i should choose

1 hour ago, Side said:

rx 7600, it is newer generation and cheaper than rtx 3060 and 4060.

i found the 3060 for 300€ but the 6700 350€, also the 4060 i found it for 350€ but now its not in an offer so i'm between 3060 and the 6700. Idk for me the 6700 is a good deal but i dont wanna get disappointed about the streaming

11 minutes ago, npp said:

i found the 3060 for 300€ but the 6700 350€, also the 4060 i found it for 350€ but now its not in an offer so i'm between 3060 and the 6700. Idk for me the 6700 is a good deal but i dont wanna get disappointed about the streaming

€300 is a LOT for 3060. The card is nowhere near that good to justify that price tag. 

IMO, I'd just get the better card (in this case 6700XT) and keep streaming at 720p to compensate for the bitrate/quality constrains. Audio is always more important when streaming anyways. 

8 hours ago, Side said:

RX 7600 is a newer and different card than RX 6700. rx 7600 is a 1080p gpu and also has AV1 encoding. rx 6700 is a 1440p gpu and doesn't have AV1. 

i found rx7600 for 275 also but isn't 8gb gonna be a problem?

On 11/26/2023 at 2:42 AM, Side said:

What about rx6700xt? H.265 is almost similar to AV1 in quality. Only difference is file size.

yes after all im more positive on buying 6700xt and we will see 

RDNA2 AMF for h.264 gets shit on and I dont understand why. 
Its quality is similar to old NVENC and is now supported on OBS. 

RDNA3 has AV1

Like who will notice this in terms of a stream (Left AMD AMF, Right NVENC)
AMF-vs-NVENC.jpg

The inertia of how things were in 2020 lives on I guess. 

(And this guide is outdated, OBS has stronger/better support now)

15 hours ago, starsmine said:

RDNA2 AMF for h.264 gets shit on and I dont understand why. 
Its quality is similar to old NVENC and is now supported on OBS. 

RDNA3 has AV1

Like who will notice this in terms of a stream (Left AMD AMF, Right NVENC)
AMF-vs-NVENC.jpg

The inertia of how things were in 2020 lives on I guess. 

(And this guide is outdated, OBS has stronger/better support now)

Yes, exactly the differences are so small to notice, both cards have their goods and their bads