Buyer Beware: Keychron Keyboard K8Pro, good hapticfeeling Product, bad BT, worse customer service

Hey y'all,

I just need somewhere to vent and warn people about this since I got introduced to Keychron Keyboards through ShortCircuit.

3-4 Weeks ago I've got my company to order me a Keychron K8 Pro as work equipment.

After some initial Bluetooth issues (connected once to my notebook then for 3 days it wouldnt until it just worked again) I now have issues with my left arrow key. It constantly drops inputs. So I tried to contact the german support (keychron.de), since im from there.

The only ways to contact support are via a mail form or online chat.

The online chat states they respond in a couple of minutes.

After not receiving a reply for a couple of hours I used the mail form to write them a message. Funny thing is, that after sending the message I didnt even get a confirmation email that they have received my request or anything. So I wasn't sure if that worked and tried to contact the main support (keychron.com).

They dont have a chat, only way to contact them is by mail. So I did that. Atleast they send a confirmation mail that they have recieved my request.  So thats nice.

Well then I waited. I closed my keychron.de tab with the support chat since I contacted them by mail and thought I would receive a reply that way.

Welp. This morning I havent heard anything from them, so I thought I reopen my keychron.de Tab and check if the chat had a new reply. And suprisingly 22 hours later I have received one. In an chat where the support agent doesnt know if the customer is even still there or not. Hella unprofessional in my eyes. Customer Service is also part of my job, so I know for a fact that this is not how you handle such a thing.

The response was just a sentence where they asked for my order number. Which in my eyes is odd. You have the serial number for one of your products. That should be enough for you to verify and check the sale or waranty status.

This whole ordeal has turned into utter frustration on my side. The defective item is a freakin keyswitch. Which is worth what? A dollar maybe? The keyboard is hotswapable and even in their quick start guide they state when they have to replace somethign they just ship that part. Rest is easy serviceable. So why does it take so long to replace a single keyswitch. The time invested by me and the customer service agent faaaaaaaar exceeds the value of the switch or what keychron would lose if they would just ask for the adress and send one over.

So far I havent heard back from them and at this point I start to dont care anymore. I just swapped the defective left arrow switch with the one for rgb (since i dont use that key very often). So atleast I have a "functioning" product again.

TL;DR:

Really like the keyboard from the feeling and everything.

But I cant and wont recommend buying anything from keychron. Support so far is awful and slow.

Replacing a Dollar-Part shouldnt take 2 days to figure out.

PS:

While typing this I also noticed that some keystrokes where just not recognized while using the keyboard in bluetooth mode. My work laptop is maybe 50 cm away from the keyboard and nothing else is connected via bluetooth. Plugged in it works fine.

chatlog.png

▼ Im with Stoopid

That's disappointing, but I have heard before that Keychron customer support is rubbish. I ordered my K6 Pro from Amazon for this very reason, so I wouldn't have to deal with Keychron support if there was a problem.

The trouble is there isn't much choice in enthusiast keyboards if you want the ISO layout.