First boot does not work, second one does (laptop)

Go to solution Solved by Average Nerd,
39 minutes ago, JSIB said:

I have got a problem with my laptop (Lenovo LOQ 16APH8 82XUOO57MH) on every other boot.

Every single time I boot after shutting down my laptop using windows 11, the laptop tries to boot, the screen goes off and I can't press anything to change this.

If I then shut down the laptop using the power button, and restart it, it boots up fine.

I have noticed that on that first boot every time I can not go to the boot selector screen, the second boot always works in regards to that.

I think this has happened because of a driver update, because I did not have this issue at first.

I have searched online for potential things to troubleshoot, but I could not find anything that seemed to help me.

Also on the first boot it does NOT show a loading circle, but on second boot it does.

I would gladly appreciate if anyone wants to help, because this is an annoying issue.

You could check if there is a firmware update available in Lenovo Vantage, if yes, install it, maybe it fixes it.

I have got a problem with my laptop (Lenovo LOQ 16APH8 82XUOO57MH) on every other boot.

Every single time I boot after shutting down my laptop using windows 11, the laptop tries to boot, the screen goes off and I can't press anything to change this.

If I then shut down the laptop using the power button, and restart it, it boots up fine.

I have noticed that on that first boot every time I can not go to the boot selector screen, the second boot always works in regards to that.

I think this has happened because of a driver update, because I did not have this issue at first.

I have searched online for potential things to troubleshoot, but I could not find anything that seemed to help me.

Also on the first boot it does NOT show a loading circle, but on second boot it does.

I would gladly appreciate if anyone wants to help, because this is an annoying issue.

Edited by JSIB
Additional info

39 minutes ago, JSIB said:

You could check if there is a firmware update available in Lenovo Vantage, if yes, install it, maybe it fixes it.

English is not my first language, so please excuse any confusion or misunderstandings on my end.

I like to edit my posts a lot.

F@H-Stats

The Folding rig:

CPU: Core i7 4790K

RAM: 16 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600

GPU 1: RTX 2070 Super

GPU 2: GTX 1060 3GB

PSU: Gigabyte P450B EVGA 600BR EVGA 750BR

Cooling: 2x Delta GFB1212VHG w. PWM

Linux let me down.

.- -- --- --. ..- ...         

Hello!

4 minutes ago, Average nerd said:

I have checked but there is not an update available at the moment, still thank you!
I will check again later

9 minutes ago, JSIB said:

I have checked but there is not an update available at the moment, still thank you!
I will check again later

Maybe try resetting the BIOS to factory settings, sometimes that fixes things.

English is not my first language, so please excuse any confusion or misunderstandings on my end.

I like to edit my posts a lot.

F@H-Stats

The Folding rig:

CPU: Core i7 4790K

RAM: 16 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600

GPU 1: RTX 2070 Super

GPU 2: GTX 1060 3GB

PSU: Gigabyte P450B EVGA 600BR EVGA 750BR

Cooling: 2x Delta GFB1212VHG w. PWM

Linux let me down.

.- -- --- --. ..- ...         

Hello!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2023 at 9:54 AM, Average nerd said:

Thank you so much, there eventually was an update and this fixed it!