CV650 Fan bearing noise

AleksiDj73

Hello everyone, i'll get straight into what i wanna say.

So, i bought the Corsair CV650 Power Supply in mid june this year and for the past 2 weeks i've had a noise from the fan and it sounds like the following video (video not mine but it's the same exact issue as mine) 

The noise happens 4 times in this video.

Yes i know, the PSU is still in warranty, basically got 1.5 years left of warranty but the issue is, if i get the PSU replaced, i will be worried that the issue will still happen after some time. Plus it will take around a month for the PSU to be checked out etc and i want the PC almost on a daily basis and that's why i haven't sent it back yet.

What should i do? Send the PSU back, have it checked and hopefully it gets replaced? Or just straight up rip the warranty label and replace the fan myself which yes i know opening a power supply is deadly.

Forgot to mention, that noise doesn't constantly happen meaning 24/7 i hear this issue every 5-10 seconds. There will be a period where it won't make the noise for 5 mins or more or there will be a period where it'll do it for 5 mins straight every 5-10 seconds and the noise gets quite annoying at times.

Thank you!

Send it in. Sounds like fan is stalling. Maybe they will replace it with a better unit, worst case scenario you will still have a warranty on the thing after the repair.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

4 minutes ago, Levent said:

Send it in. Sounds like fan is stalling. Maybe they will replace it with a better unit, worst case scenario you will still have a warranty on the thing after the repair.

I am thinking of sending it back really

If i wanted i could've legit replaced the fan myself but why destroy the warranty it has on it and that it still has 1.5 years left? Not worth

I'll send it back and see if they replace the fan or send me a new unit. Hopefully the issue happens when the manufacturer checks it out because if the issue doesn't happen on their side, they'll be like "the unit has no problems" and i'll be "welp"...