Anyone here have or used an 0LED?

fade2black001

I thought these were supposed to haver perfect blacks with them?  In parts with shows that have black parts in them the image shows up to be blocky and not look good. I thought this kind of thing would go away on a 0LED screen. My last screen was a QLED  and while the blacks were a lot worse on it compared to my new 0LED but the 0LED isn't perfect. My new TV isn't some cheapo either. It's a Samsung SC90 which retails for $1500 new.

3 minutes ago, fade2black001 said:

In parts with shows that have black parts in them the image shows up to be blocky and not look good.

This sounds like video compression artifacts, so a problem with the video itself, not the TV. What are you using to show this?

3 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

This sounds like video compression artifacts, so a problem with the video itself, not the TV. What are you using to show this?

Just streaming video from Netflix currently.

Also if it is video compression when how come it's only shown on the black or dark parts then?

2 minutes ago, fade2black001 said:

Just streaming video from Netflix currently.

That's why, their bitrate is super low

2 minutes ago, fade2black001 said:

Also if it is video compression when how come it's only shown on the black or dark parts then?

18 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

That's why, their bitrate is super low

Interesting. So If I were to watch the same thing from lets say physical media it won't be a problem cause it shouldn't be compressed right?

14 minutes ago, fade2black001 said:

Interesting. So If I were to watch the same thing from lets say physical media it won't be a problem cause it shouldn't be compressed right?

Physical media is still somewhat compressed, but no where near as much as Netflix or YouTube, so while it wouldn't necessarily go away completely it should be quite a lot better. 

you say retails for $1500 new. does this mean you bought it used or open box from a store?

3 hours ago, fade2black001 said:

0LED

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason you're typing 0LED instead of OLED? 

If the source material demands black, an OLED will switch this pixel off completely. It will not emit light. If you see ANYTHING other than pure black then it's because the video doesn't call for black.

Some movies also fuck up in editing, probably because they studio doesn't use displays that can reach pure black in their mastering process. That means that in this movie the black level is raised. It might not be visible on an IPS or VA monitor, but it's very distracting on an OLED display.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.