Can anyone please tell be what motherboard to purchase i have an i7 3770 and am going to be putting in 16gb of ddr4 ram and a gtx 1070

Just want to check that you mean i7-3770 and not, i7-13700 cause that is a world of difference. 

The 3770 is a DDR3 ONLY processor and cannot be used with DDR4 ram. If you are going with that old of a CPU youre gonna have to track down a z68 motherboard which is most likely used and can be risky. Honestly it isn't worth it. If you can save up a bit get yourself a modern i3 and it will run circles around the old 3770s. 

Technology is like a good friend that does its best to piss you off at every turn. yet we love them anyway. 

Country?

Budget?

All existing parts you have on hand (incl case, ram, psu, storage, etc.)?

Id resell that 3770 and go straight for used ryzen considering a used 3600(x) is usually around 50-60$ and a used b3/450 board is around 40-70$ which will annihilate the 3770

If your used market is bad x58 and lga 1150 may also be interesting options

14 hours ago, Macfox38 said:

Just want to check that you mean i7-3770 and not, i7-13700 cause that is a world of difference. 

The 3770 is a DDR3 ONLY processor and cannot be used with DDR4 ram. If you are going with that old of a CPU youre gonna have to track down a z68 motherboard which is most likely used and can be risky. Honestly it isn't worth it. If you can save up a bit get yourself a modern i3 and it will run circles around the old 3770s. 

Also if it is the i7-3770 I would contemplate getting a CPU that supports DDR4 because it will be supported by WAY more CPUs and mobos. Even better if it supports DDR5.