phonebloks, washingmachinebloks, it's out of control

Ciccioo

source:

the phonebloks group seems to really enjoy the concept of modularity, and is even looking forward to 'cross-device-nature' modules exchange

what i mean by 'cross-device-nature' is, as the title may suggest, that you can exchange your phone's modules with your fridge's, and with your TV's, and with your washingmachine's

basically, if you feel the need to take selfies while your clean your dresses you can mount a 5MP front camera on your washing machine

if you feel like your fridge needs more computing power, you can slap a last-gen high-performance CPU in it

thanks to the actual source which is

, check it out if you understand italian

I've always wanted my blender to have a 5" 1080p display!

Grammar nazis are people too!
Treat your local grammar nazi nicely and he might teach you a thing or two. (Note that I'm Belgian and not a native English speaker.)
Chivalry isn't dead!

OMG does this mean I can call my fridge from the supermarket and ask it what else I need to get for groceries?!

Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz MSI Radeon R9 290 Gaming 4G | Asus P8H61-M Evo Rev B Kingston ValueRAM KVR1333D3N9K2/8G Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B Samsung 840 Evo 512GB Seagate Barracude 7200.12 ST3500413AS, 500GB Samsung Spinpoint 1TB 5400RPM OCZ ZS Series 650W Cooler Master Elite 430 Windowed Logitech LS21 Creative Fatal1ty Logitech G500 Razer BlackWidow 2010 | 2x Dell U1214H | 1x Ilyama ProLite E2407HDS

ok, i get why modularity on phones but what's the fucking point of adding a screen to a my toaster? or internal expansion to a blender like seriously if you want to keep communicating while doing home stuff just put the phone in speaker mode

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Swapping components to other stuff? I don't think I need the Razer Toaster anymore.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

even if this were a good idea, you'll never get everybody to agree to the same standards

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

doing this will increase costs significantly

Not if it becomes widespread.

Sorry for the convoluted speech pattern.

I wouldn't like the idea of a Desktopblok, because it's pretty much modular already that follows industry standards. Proprietary components will just become a monopoly if not widely adopted.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx