This Horribly Sketchy Chiller

Other James

We bought a sketchy chiller off of AliExpress and decided to limit test it. Will condensation be the end of this build though?

Buy an FS Thermal Spot Cooling Chiller from AliExpress: https://lmg.gg/YA9zI
Buy an Intel Core i9-14900K CPU: https://geni.us/vpeWvn
Buy an ASRock Z790 Taichi Lite Motherboard: https://lmg.gg/IGHdE
Buy an MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX Suprim X Graphics Card: https://geni.us/g2dHT
Buy an EKWB EW Quantum Velocity² Nickle + Plexi Water Block: https://geni.us/roT9x
Buy Crucial 4800MHz CL40 32GB DDR5 RAM: https://geni.us/YnAbPQn
Buy a Noctua NH-U14S CPU Cooler: https://geni.us/cYR6CH
Buy a MEAN WELL LRS-600-24 PSU: https://lmg.gg/w3oqE
Buy a Seasonic Prime PX-1300 PSU: https://lmg.gg/Y3jAV
Buy a Phanteks NV5 Mid-Tower Chassis: https://lmg.gg/O9hWP

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

Just watched the the video and its a great video, but I have a question, does LTT post their laser cut/engraver files anywhere because I would love to engrave my pc case with the Vancouver Skyline design the same way they did with their pc case.

Since there is always condensation issues with sub-ambient cooling, has anyone ever tried hooking up a dehumidifier (maybe a commercial one, or jank aliexpress one?) to the case to prevent water from even being in the air inside the case? I assume the issue with that would be possible static charge issues maybe? This definitely feels like a possible janky Alex video idea 👀

Hm I really thought we were past the "I bought this thing on Ali/Wish/ebay/randomcheapostore" type of videos. There really is enough janking-around-with-Alex content on the channel IMHO.

8 hours ago, jaysonmaw said:

Since there is always condensation issues with sub-ambient cooling, has anyone ever tried hooking up a dehumidifier (maybe a commercial one, or jank aliexpress one?) to the case to prevent water from even being in the air inside the case? I assume the issue with that would be possible static charge issues maybe? This definitely feels like a possible janky Alex video idea 👀

In theory, all you need would be adding a radiator to the cooling circuit that would chill the air in the case and all condensation would happen on it as it'd be the coldest part of the system.

14 minutes ago, Dracarris said:

Hm I really thought we were post the "I bought this thing on Ali/Wish/ebay/randomcheapostore" type of videos. There really is enough janking-around-with-Alex content on the channel IMHO.

To each their own. I love these janky projects.

I think the COP of the chiller refers to the "Coefficient Of Performance", which is a common metric for heat pumps and AC.

The COP is calculated by dividing the amount of extracted heat by the net work put into the chiller

COP = Q/W

Hi, I just seen your video awesome stuff!
I have a question tho, that missing PCB, was it missing by mistake, or need to be ordered separately? 

if needs to be ordered separately, whats the name for it/buy link?

I have a project in mind and that chiller would be perfect for it!

thank you and keep the good work!

I would love to know how high the power draw of the cooler was.

Was it measured by any chance?

In the advertisement for Cities Skylines 2 Linus said that LTT has been using Cities Skylines for years in their CPU benchmarks. I can't remember LTT ever using Cities Skylines in their CPU benchmarks. I scrubbed through CPU reviews for the past few years and I couldn't find a single time when LTT has used Cities Skylines for CPU benchmarks. Do you have a link to the videos Linus was talking about during the sponsored spot where you've used Cities Skylines for CPU benchmarks?

Here's the list of games LTT has used to test CPUs from the videos I checked from the past few years:

• Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider
  • Returnal
  • Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
  • Forza Horizon 5
  • Total War: Warhammer 3
  • Hitman 3
  • F1 2022
  • Far Cry 6
  • CS:GO
  • Tiny Tina's Wonderlands
  • Metro Last Light
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Overwatch
  • F1 2021
  • Forza Horizon 4
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020
  • Civilization VI
  • Assassin's Creed: Valhalla
  • Rainbow 6 Siege
  • F1 2020
  • GTA V
  • Doom Eternal

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

I wonder if this thing is more efficient than the pool watercooling project

37 minutes ago, IanSzot said:

Not a chance, +the chiller can't dissipate anywhere NEAR what a literal pool of water can dissipate.

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

1 hour ago, TheLANguy said:

Nice to see the intro again! Hopefully I'm not the only one.

O_O yes it is i cant beleive it

Did I help you?? Then please mark my answer as the solution!

11 hours ago, Dracarris said:

Hm I really thought we were past the "I bought this thing on Ali/Wish/ebay/randomcheapostore" type of videos. There really is enough janking-around-with-Alex content on the channel IMHO.

Why?  These are hilarious and fun!  Love it! 😄 

5 hours ago, IanSzot said:

Also, running a compressor is gonna draw quite a bit of amperage and will not be 100% efficient, losing to frictional losses and heat.

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

21 hours ago, 9TechTips said:

i hate the gameplay for zoomer retention it is distracting

I just paused after 20 seconds just to complain about that here. Holy shit that stuff is annoying.

14 hours ago, tkitch said:

Why?  These are hilarious and fun!  Love it! 😄 

Well I personally very much prefer serious and properly carried out projects, but yeah, to each  their own. Jank for the masses, I guess 🤷‍♂️ However this video wasn't soo jank after all I have to admit.

11 hours ago, Neroon said:

I just paused after 20 seconds just to complain about that here. Holy shit that stuff is annoying.

It's annoying and hilarious at the same time. And sad that the attention span of basically a whole generation is set by $hitTok videos and Instagram reels and instant gratification is a must.

18 hours ago, LMGcommunity said:

The most recent example in that list is from seven years ago. Was that just when low-end PCs 'caught up with' the original Cities:Skylines, so it wasn't useful as a benchmark anymore?

12 hours ago, Neroon said:

Yeah, that came out of nowhere. Maybe there was a stipulation for a minimum amount of gameplay footage runtime?

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

For PCs being run on a water cooling loop with a chiller, have you ever considered submerging the components in mineral oil to displace all the air so condensation isn’t an issue?