Best cases for a tech reviewer?

RevGAM
2 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

So, for ease of swapping components, especially fans and coolers, which of the cases would probably be best?

I know it's hard to say about the ModFree. I left a message on HC's video asking their opinion but I don't know if they respond at all. 

mod free you can snap off parts and all of them are open frame but might cost a bit of moeny.

well there case that have removable panles not all of them are removable. bottom fans on some case can be a bit to remove some have to remove the feet...

big case normality give more room up top for say point in the cpu power cables but there a fix for they using extension on the mb well installing. if you wanted to remove fans well keeping the mb there then a removable top sounds like a good idea.

as for coolers i think there all the same most have large cut outs for cpu back plates. i never swapped a cpu cooler well mb is still in the case but i no alot of people do. a case with removable mb tray would be good but thats another fetur that we cant have...😞

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

2 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

big case normality give more room up top for say point in the cpu power cables but there a fix for they using extension on the mb well installing. if you wanted to remove fans well keeping the mb there then a removable top sounds like a good idea.

Which cases?

2 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

a case with removable mb tray would be good but thats another fetur that we cant have...😞

Why not? There were cases with that back in the late 1990s and early 2000s, there were also cases that had a mobo tray that were hinged or sliding, IIRC.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

2 hours ago, RevGAM said:

Which cases?

Why not? There were cases with that back in the late 1990s and early 2000s, there were also cases that had a mobo tray that were hinged or sliding, IIRC.

i no mt dad had one of lian li case that had the mb slide out. i have 2 case like that. caselabs case and my thermaltake core w200. one side has it other dose not...

posable that moutanmodspc has case like that.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

15 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

i no mt dad had one of lian li case that had the mb slide out. i have 2 case like that. caselabs case and my thermaltake core w200. one side has it other dose not...

posable that moutanmodspc has case like that.

Would any of those cases be ones you'd suggest?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

Do you have a shortlist of cases that you are looking at right now?

I enjoy building in Fractal cases, I have a few right now, and sold a couple in the past.

I have Torrent Compact, Meshify C, and Define R4 right now.

If you are doing a review, just note what case things were tested in, boom problem solved.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Frozen Edge 360, 5x TL-B12 V2
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, TL-B14, TY-143

10 hours ago, freeagent said:

Do you have a shortlist of cases that you are looking at right now?

I enjoy building in Fractal cases, I have a few right now, and sold a couple in the past.

I have Torrent Compact, Meshify C, and Define R4 right now.

If you are doing a review, just note what case things were tested in, boom problem solved.

No, I don't have a short list. 

On 10/19/2023 at 6:07 PM, RevGAM said:

So, for ease of swapping components, especially fans and coolers, which of the cases would probably be best?

I know it's hard to say about the ModFree. I left a message on HC's video asking their opinion but I don't know if they respond at all. 

Can only speak from my own experience with the Lian Li 216 (and a small corsair 220T i replaced) ,but Lian Li was by far the eaziest case to work with personally, fans can be detached eazely,the top comes off very eazely and its eazy to top mount fans or radiators.