Currently in possession of rtx 4060ti 8gb and rtx 3060 12gb

O_Bsnacks

So, I have the ryx 4060 to 8gb in my system and still seem to get stutters when playing games. My question is, is there a bottleneck still with my ryzen 5 5600x? Should I keep the rtx 3060 12gb instead of the 4060 ti? And will this improve my stutters I am someone who games on 144hz 1080p and don’t plan on upgrading, I also don’t mind turning some setting down to achieve 144fps. So, what would be best?

What do you mean by stutters exactly? Which games are you having trouble with? A 4060 Ti should be faster in the vast majority of things.

8 minutes ago, O_Bsnacks said:

is there a bottleneck still with my ryzen 5 5600x?

I don't see your PC specs on your profile, but I will guess that you currently have 2x ram sticks and that they are at least 3200MHz, so I am gonna assume that the memory is not an issue.

8 minutes ago, O_Bsnacks said:

still seem to get stutters when playing games

Can you describe the extent of the issue? If you have major performance problems in literally all games, that's a problem. But, if sometimes a game just loads slowly or randomly has bad performance somewhat rarely, that's sort of normal. Don't forget that a lot of AAA titles are ports from console, and will have various optimization problems. You might also have some software, or even some windows bloat, taking up system resources as well, and that can be impacting performance.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

22 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

I don't see your PC specs on your profile, but I will guess that you currently have 2x ram sticks and that they are at least 3200MHz, so I am gonna assume that the memory is not an issue.

Can you describe the extent of the issue? If you have major performance problems in literally all games, that's a problem. But, if sometimes a game just loads slowly or randomly has bad performance somewhat rarely, that's sort of normal. Don't forget that a lot of AAA titles are ports from console, and will have various optimization problems. You might also have some software, or even some windows bloat, taking up system resources as well, and that can be impacting performance.

When having Msi afterburner open in games such as battlefield 2042, and Star Wars battlefront 2, and Battlefield V. The cpu is at like 70 - 80% while gpu is only at 60%. And I get stutters like fps goes from 144 to 130 and I can see a stutter happen. And when vsync is off it’s not smooth.

pc specs

ryzen 5 5600x

4060 ti

850w platinum ASUS thor

asus b550 f motherboard 

ripjaws 3600 mhz 

corsair h100i cooler 

12 hours ago, O_Bsnacks said:

in games such as battlefield 2042, and Star Wars battlefront 2, and Battlefield V

all three of these games are notoriously CPU-hungry, so I am not surprised that the 5600X is seeing high usage,

11 hours ago, O_Bsnacks said:

This is also on a fresh install of win 11

Are you playing at mostly 1080p?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

19 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

all three of these games are notoriously CPU-hungry, so I am not surprised that the 5600X is seeing high usage,

Yes I only have a 1080p monitor. When playing battlefield 1 I was able to put the resolution scale at 150 % instead of 100% and that seemed to help. I mean the stutters on some games aren’t as bad as when playing battlefield 2042. I also get the occasional stutter on csgo, and also overwatch 2, but it’s rare. I mean would a ryzen 7 5800x fix the problem? And also why are the games not smooth when vsync is off with vsync on and also when my frame are below 130 it’s also not smooth even with vsync and gsync enabled.

30 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

What are games that are gpu intensive I can try?

23 minutes ago, O_Bsnacks said:

would a ryzen 7 5800x fix the problem?

It would improve the performance a little, these games tend to want a CPU with more cores.

23 minutes ago, O_Bsnacks said:

And also why are the games not smooth when vsync is off with vsync on

Vsync is designed to make a framerate more regular and reduce stuttering. Same with Gsync.

24 minutes ago, O_Bsnacks said:

Yes I only have a 1080p monitor. When playing battlefield 1 I was able to put the resolution scale at 150 % instead of 100% and that seemed to help

18 minutes ago, O_Bsnacks said:

What are games that are gpu intensive I can try?

Placing more load on the GPU with a game like Metro Exodus or Halo Infinite might give a different experience

Primary PC:

1 hour ago, Fasauceome said:

It would improve the performance a little, these games tend to want a CPU with more cores.

Vsync is designed to make a framerate more regular and reduce stuttering. Same with Gsync.

Placing more load on the GPU with a game like Metro Exodus or Halo Infinite might give a different experience

So, would switching to Intel be better?

1 hour ago, O_Bsnacks said:

So, would switching to Intel be better?

Not necessarily. Like you mentioned earlier, you have the option to upgrade to a beefier Ryzen CPU. There are used Ryzen 9 5900X CPUs, and the 5700X3D is also a great option. 

Primary PC:

• 3 weeks later...

I read thru ur posts in the past year. I have a 5600x + 6900xt. And everything is perfect. From what i have read there are pretty much 3 options left, faulty ram, ssd or cpu. Ps u should be using ur 6900xt. Much better than the others

Do you have a freesync display? Most from recent years are and your 144 Hz one surely should be. Freesync would smooth out any stutter from the frame dips you experience. It could be that you need to go into your display settings and activate it. It could also be that freesync only works with the display port input. In both cases, that's how it is with my LG display. Perhaps you also need to disable any additional monitors to get it to work. My monitor goes from 42 to 75 Hz and I find that it almost always stays smooth as my frame rates practically always stay within those bounds.