industrial keyboard with cover

pas008

i have few in mind but looking for others input

metal shop needs something that protects from dust water metal shavings

constantly changing keyboards and cleaning them

detachable cable a plus along with mechanical

I think you may be better off with a silicone keyboard. Our medical devices use them since they're used in bloody surgical environments.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

8 minutes ago, pas008 said:

i have few in mind but looking for others input

metal shop needs something that protects from dust water metal shavings

constantly changing keyboards and cleaning them

Finding an IP rated mechanical keyboard might be difficult. A waterproof keyboard would have to use its own special key design to meet its objective.

Seal Shield Cleanwipe Pro Waterproof Keyboard - Black - SSKSV101PRO - Keyboards - CDW.com

Looks interesting, that brand has a few products in that series. The magnetic cable might give you issues if your shop works with a lot of steel.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

Get a Logitech K120 and one or several of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Keyboard-Protector-Compatible-Keyboards/dp/B07PNDV61J
This is what everyone uses, every auto mechanic, every machine shop, we use these on the cross dock I run. 

7 minutes ago, pas008 said:

These are features that are on toys, personal keyboards for comfy home setups on fancy desks right up next to giant flat panel monitors. No machine shop on earth would use anything like that because they’d get destroyed rapidly. 

3 hours ago, 8tg said:

Get a Logitech K120 and one or several of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Keyboard-Protector-Compatible-Keyboards/dp/B07PNDV61J
This is what everyone uses, every auto mechanic, every machine shop, we use these on the cross dock I run. 

These are features that are on toys, personal keyboards for comfy home setups on fancy desks right up next to giant flat panel monitors. No machine shop on earth would use anything like that because they’d get destroyed rapidly. 

you cant say what is useful here

detachable be nice for moving out of thw way while fixing things instead of always unplugging from the back which has already taken out 2 usb ports because of shavings and water getting into the ports fyi

and mech can handle drops better usually

fyi xkey 20key programmable still going strong after like a decade

3 hours ago, ToboRobot said:

Cheap KB + covers and a shelf full of hot spares.

this is what we have been doing and i have fixed some of them and reused again but just looking at more solid solution if there is one

2 hours ago, pas008 said:

this is what we have been doing and i have fixed some of them and reused again but just looking at more solid solution if there is one

Either replace keyboard with industrial control buttons and switches for specific function, have a cover to protect the keyboard and replace when needed, or put the machine controls in a clean(er) environment and ensure users are using it with clean hands.

Touchscreen keyboard maybe?