Looking to buy new AIO

Madmax_Hart
Go to solution Solved by Madmax_Hart,
On 10/10/2023 at 1:39 PM, PDifolco said:

You could get an air cooler those always work and fans are easy to replace 

Yeah that's what I am going with. I went with a be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 (Amazon) and a pack of Noctua 3X NF-P12 Redux Bundle (Amazon). The cooler is to cool the CPU (obviously) and the pack of 3 fans with cables is to replace the radiator of the AIO.

Hi all,

Long story short. I built a new computer about 3 or 4 months ago. My CPU was overheating so I went to take a look and my thermal paste seems to have dried. So I replaced the thermal paste and it still overheats. So it seems like the AIO is faulty. I have an Arctic Liquid Freezer Cooler II 240. I looked at the warranty and I need to pay to have it shipped to Germany. I live in Boston MA so just to ship it it would be about $75 to $90 (prices are estimated using the USPS shipping calculator). Then the Arctic will pay for shipping back to my house. At that price, I am looking to just buy a new one. My dad and I looked at the reviews for my current cooler this morning and they don't seem to be great (a bunch says that the warranty is junk, the cooler leaks, parts break, etc.).

So I am looking at buying a new one. I have an Intel 12700k CPU and a Cooler Master MasterBox NT600 ATX case. (Full parts list bellow).

Link: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TjgGXy

I am looking at buying this one on Amazon (Corsair H100x RGB Elite Liquid CPU Cooler For Desktop). My question is has anyone had issues with it? Would it fit in my case (currently I have the AIO mounted on the top)? Has anyone had to fill out a warranty claim? If so what was the process like?

Thank you all in advance.

9 minutes ago, Madmax_Hart said:

Hi all,

Long story short. I built a new computer about 3 or 4 months ago. My CPU was overheating so I went to take a look and my thermal paste seems to have dried. So I replaced the thermal paste and it still overheats. So it seems like the AIO is faulty. I have an Arctic Liquid Freezer Cooler II 240. I looked at the warranty and I need to pay to have it shipped to Germany. I live in Boston MA so just to ship it it would be about $75 to $90 (prices are estimated using the USPS shipping calculator). Then the Arctic will pay for shipping back to my house. At that price, I am looking to just buy a new one. My dad and I looked at the reviews for my current cooler this morning and they don't seem to be great (a bunch says that the warranty is junk, the cooler leaks, parts break, etc.).

So I am looking at buying a new one. I have an Intel 12700k CPU and a Cooler Master MasterBox NT600 ATX case. (Full parts list bellow).

Link: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TjgGXy

I am looking at buying this one on Amazon (Corsair H100x RGB Elite Liquid CPU Cooler For Desktop). My question is has anyone had issues with it? Would it fit in my case (currently I have the AIO mounted on the top)? Has anyone had to fill out a warranty claim? If so what was the process like?

Thank you all in advance.

I think the problem is than a 240mm AIO isn't good enough for a 12700K anyway, paste don't dry in 3 months (unless it's very bad paste)

An H100x will probably perform worse than a Arctic Freezer...

What are your idle and gaming temp with the Arctic Freezer ? And what's the fan speed/curve ?

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

18 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

I think the problem is than a 240mm AIO isn't good enough for a 12700K anyway, paste don't dry in 3 months (unless it's very bad paste)

An H100x will probably perform worse than a Arctic Freezer...

What are your idle and gaming temp with the Arctic Freezer ? And what's the fan speed/curve ?

The paste was just what came with the cooler. My CPU is almost always at 100*C even when idling. My fan curve speed is the default (I followed the manufacturer's recommendations). Even cranking everything to full does nothing. Is there one you would recommend? I would like to go with Corsair if I could. Even if it means I have to spend more. Mainly I was this to work haha.

Edit: I would rather pay more for something that is overkill than cheap out and have problems.

19 minutes ago, Madmax_Hart said:

My CPU is almost always at 100*C even when idling. M

Something is very wrong it should not do that AT ALL.

The arctic is literally better than the corsair.

So something is wrong possibly a bad mount, pump running too slow, fans too slow,...

21 minutes ago, Madmax_Hart said:

The paste was just what came with the cooler. My CPU is almost always at 100*C even when idling. My fan curve speed is the default (I followed the manufacturer's recommendations). Even cranking everything to full does nothing. Is there one you would recommend? I would like to go with Corsair if I could. Even if it means I have to spend more. Mainly I was this to work haha.

Edit: I would rather pay more for something that is overkill than cheap out and have problems.

Ok 100C idling means the AIO don't work, either it's defective/broken indeed or the pump isn't plugged in ..maybe 😛 

Thing is the AF2 is one of the best AIO overall, too bad you have no seller warranty and it's a German brand, so replacement is pretty stupidly expensive

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

1 hour ago, PDifolco said:

Ok 100C idling means the AIO don't work, either it's defective/broken indeed or the pump isn't plugged in ..maybe 😛 

Thing is the AF2 is one of the best AIO overall, too bad you have no seller warranty and it's a German brand, so replacement is pretty stupidly expensive

Yeah that's what I said in my original post. Shipping is like $90 bucks. There is only one plug (in the manual and on the AIO) and its plugged into the pump header with all the suggested settings on.

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

Something is very wrong it should not do that AT ALL.

The arctic is literally better than the corsair.

So something is wrong possibly a bad mount, pump running too slow, fans too slow,...

Yeah I know. I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions on a new one I can get. Everything on the AIO and MOBO is set to the suggested by the manufacture. Do you think I should just buy the same one again? Is there any easy was to see if it is mounted correctly? Should it be rock solid? Have a little play? ect

31 minutes ago, Madmax_Hart said:

Yeah I know. I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions on a new one I can get. Everything on the AIO and MOBO is set to the suggested by the manufacture. Do you think I should just buy the same one again? Is there any easy was to see if it is mounted correctly? Should it be rock solid? Have a little play? ect

2 hours ago, Madmax_Hart said:

It should be rock solid especially in the vertical sense.

And check pump rpm that should be like at 3000 and you should feel it working.

If after all that it's not doing anything and one not one tube is hot and one cold you might have a defective aio.

On 10/10/2023 at 1:39 PM, PDifolco said:

Yeah that's what I am going with. I went with a be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 (Amazon) and a pack of Noctua 3X NF-P12 Redux Bundle (Amazon). The cooler is to cool the CPU (obviously) and the pack of 3 fans with cables is to replace the radiator of the AIO.