Windows explorer takes forever to open folders

dtgq

I'm sick of Sadya Nutella's windows 11 explorer. Any decently sized folder always opens instantly but then it decides to reset everything and lock your ability to do anything while it re-reads each entry slowly one by one while showing me that stupid green progress bar in the address bar as if it has dementia or as if some trivial metadata is more important than usability when working under a time crunch or as if I ever consented to allowing windows 11 to thrash my hard drive actuator every time I merely want to open a folder. It's basically microsoft dysgenics. Don't recall this ever being a problem in Windows 7.

1 hour ago, dtgq said:

I'm sick of Sadya Nutella's windows 11 explorer. Any decently sized folder always opens instantly but then it decides to reset everything and lock your ability to do anything while it re-reads each entry slowly one by one while showing me that stupid green progress bar in the address bar as if it has dementia or as if some trivial metadata is more important than usability when working under a time crunch or as if I ever consented to allowing windows 11 to thrash my hard drive actuator every time I merely want to open a folder. It's basically microsoft dysgenics. Don't recall this ever being a problem in Windows 7.

Windows 11 requires and is designed for and optimized for: SSDs and eMMC storage (well not technically, but other disk performance requirements force SSDs or eMMC storage, unless some crazy HDD technology comes out, it's a non-HDD you must use to comply with Windows 11 system requirement).

Hence why you no longer have any laptops on the market running Windows 11 with an HDD as main drive.

Your drive is probably fragmented, or you have network drive/folder shortcut/link somewhere.

50 minutes ago, dtgq said:

Install Win10, or Linux...

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

51 minutes ago, dtgq said:

if I ever consented to allowing windows 11 to thrash my hard drive actuator every time I merely want to open a folder. It's basically microsoft dysgenics. Don't recall this ever being a problem in Windows 7.

Windows 11 sucks running on hard drives.

Typical. One passing mention of hard drive actuators and that's all you people tunnel vision on like a swarm of ignorant wasps, no surprise making the ASSumption that it's always HDD, going so far as to suggest windows is installed to a hard drive LMFAO. Completely ignoring the fact that the question was never specific to HDD, ignorant that it applies to SSD all the same.

Don't get me started on the FUD about symlinks and network shares, completely laughable, never made any mention of it.

Go ahead and delete this, didn't get anything out of you people anyway so nothing of value lost.