Contant crashing

not so Important
3 hours ago, Tetras said:

The Be quiet 12 M is a very recently released ATX 3.0/PCIE5 PSU, which is supposed to be designed to deal with the spikes.

Was your PSU definitely the same model as what the OP has?

when was it released?  now that you're asking im not entirely sure tbh, its about 1-2 years that I had it. But the point is, even then it was supposedly one of the best psus and no issues reported (at large) for 3000 series. 

Except it absolutely sucked and made my pc crash constantly (typically at idle funny enough) 

you could even hear it's the psu! clack clack clack....  which i was told by so called "experts" is "normal"... but hell if it is, all my working psus are near silent and make no clicking noises at all.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

18 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

when was it released?

I think around February this year.

19 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

But the point is, even then it was supposedly one of the best psus and no issues reported (at large) for 3000 series. 

Except it absolutely sucked and made my pc crash constantly (typically at idle funny enough) 

you could even hear it's the psu! clack clack clack....  which i was told by so called "experts" is "normal"... but hell if it is, all my working psus are near silent and make no clicking noises at all.

If you can get the model, would be very interested to know which one it was.

Update: took the card to the reseller and asked them about a replacement. They said sure but that they would first need to do their own testing to see if it really is the fault of the card. They asked me for instructions on how they could replicate the crashes and told me it will take a few days before I hear back.

About the power supply, unless the 3060Ti does have some power spike issues (I don't know how I could even test that :D) it should be powerful enough for the card. As per Zotac's specifications, they recommend a 650W power supply, which is what I have as I mentioned in my original post. 

About the noise levels though, this is the second be quiet! power supply that I have owned and both have been nearly completely silent in my experience and definitely no loud clacking noises 😄

Before I bought this 3060Ti, I had an RTX 4070 that I ran for a few months without any issues before I had to return because of insane overheating problems with the specific model that I got.

I've got my fingers crossed that it was just the card, and that they can get it replaced. Don't have the money for a big power supply upgrade atm 😄

The big update:

Yesterday, I picked up the card from the reseller; they told me that they couldn't replicate any of the crashes that I mentioned. However, they said that they still can replace the card.

I've played as much as I could've today and yesterday and it went perfectly fine without any crashes. But now, I booted up Cyberpunk again and it seems like I'm right back where I started. The game is once again crashing every few minutes.

I may have an idea what started the crashes this time round though. As I was working, I had my personal computer on for some background noise. and suddenly, the power went out. Didn't think much of it. However, during my lunch break, I decided to boot up some Cyberpunk and play that as I wasn't hungry. And that is where the first crash occurred.

Is it possible that the PSU may be at fault somehow? Especially, that the crashes reappeared after the power went out? I am losing hope in this PC 😞

11 hours ago, not so Important said:

The big update:

Yesterday, I picked up the card from the reseller; they told me that they couldn't replicate any of the crashes that I mentioned. However, they said that they still can replace the card.

I've played as much as I could've today and yesterday and it went perfectly fine without any crashes. But now, I booted up Cyberpunk again and it seems like I'm right back where I started. The game is once again crashing every few minutes.

I may have an idea what started the crashes this time round though. As I was working, I had my personal computer on for some background noise. and suddenly, the power went out. Didn't think much of it. However, during my lunch break, I decided to boot up some Cyberpunk and play that as I wasn't hungry. And that is where the first crash occurred.

Is it possible that the PSU may be at fault somehow? Especially, that the crashes reappeared after the power went out? I am losing hope in this PC 😞

I dont think its a psu issue, but if your psu is in warranty try and ask for a replacement if you really think that is the issue. Or else if you got a spare motherboard try and use your cpu and gpu there. If that fixes the issue then it is the motherboard but its not likely its the motherboard either, but anyway just try and check you never know.