Minecraft Server with Web UI

Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,

Look into MineOS, it should be able to do most of what you want and there's ways of getting it to work in a docker container. 

Hello!! I'm looking to host a minecraft server for a few friends of mine. I'm curious if there is an option for deploying one on my Ubuntu server in a docker container and be able to make changes to the Minecraft server through a web gui. That way I can grant access to my less technically apt friends for them to add mods or adjust world settings. Are there any viable options for me? If for some reason I need to run it on a physically separate server in order to do so that's fine as well. Thank you for your time!

Look into MineOS, it should be able to do most of what you want and there's ways of getting it to work in a docker container. 

You could look into AMP (it is by the makers of McMyAdmin... and is its successor). I don't know that AMP its self can run in docker, but it can be used to run the game servers (it supports more than just MC) in docker containers. It also has fine grained permissions and siloed FTP access (and web-based file access), to make sure that people can't mess with files they shouldn't have access to.

MineOS is good, however if you wish to run an existing world file, you cannot. That is, if you run it as an actual operating system. As a docker image, maybe there is a way to add the file

Intel® Core™ i7-7800x | Asus ROG Strix X299-E Gaming II | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 580 Gaming 4GB | 32GB Team T-Force Delta RGB Black CL16 DDR4 | Samsung 950 PRO 256GB | WD Green 2TB | Seagate Barracuda 1TBWindows 10 Pro | Kolink Quantum RGB Tempered Glass | Corsair HX1000 PSU

1 minute ago, drSqu33kins said:

MineOS is good, however if you wish to run an existing world file, you cannot. That is, if you run it as an actual operating system. As a docker image, maybe there is a way to add the file

I've done it in the past, both on the dedicated OS and the docker container. You just have to mess around with the permissions.