System been working fine for MONTHS. Now resets when under gpu load?! 7900x 4070 evga 850w bq psu. All new parts.

Srius1

system is only used for war zone basically. Been working fine for months and zero issues or things have changed apart from windows updates.

this weekend played warzome and 2 minutes into a match it freezes, fans ramp up, and just stays on a black screen. Gpu temp is 50c and cpu is 70c when this happens as cpu is under a custom block / loop.

wtf! Did my psu crap the bed even being like 1 year old?!

• CPU 12900k   Motherboard Asus z690 prime RAM 32gb gskill 3200 trident z GPU Msi suprim RTX3080 wekwb block Case 011 dynamic PSU Evga gq  850w 1tb NVME m.2 boot drive

There are cases when lesser quality PSUs can cause stability issues due to the power they supply not being as stable as higher quality ones. I had this issue before and I know RTX 3000 series had this issue with weird power spikes and the psu not being able to respond fast enough due to poor quality. I personally had this issue with my 2080ti. That being said I would have expected you to have this issue from the start so I would lean towards this being a different issue. My first choice of action would to be use DDU and reinstall your graphics drivers to make sure it isn't a drivers issue. 

29 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

There are cases when lesser quality PSUs can cause stability issues due to the power they supply not being as stable as higher quality ones. I had this issue before and I know RTX 3000 series had this issue with weird power spikes and the psu not being able to respond fast enough due to poor quality. I personally had this issue with my 2080ti. That being said I would have expected you to have this issue from the start so I would lean towards this being a different issue. My first choice of action would to be use DDU and reinstall your graphics drivers to make sure it isn't a drivers issue. 

Thanks I’ll try that. I did reseat the gpu and the ram . I also did a NVIDIA driver update but it still happened. I am so annoyed 

• CPU 12900k   Motherboard Asus z690 prime RAM 32gb gskill 3200 trident z GPU Msi suprim RTX3080 wekwb block Case 011 dynamic PSU Evga gq  850w 1tb NVME m.2 boot drive

38 minutes ago, Srius1 said:

Thanks I’ll try that. I did reseat the gpu and the ram . I also did a NVIDIA driver update but it still happened. I am so annoyed 

Yeah computer problems can be incredibly hard to diagnose sometimes. I have remembered a few times I have just called it and just reinstalled windows as the ultimate nuke to any software issue. If that didn't fix it then I knew it was a hardware issue and I reinstalled for no reasons. Obviously this is a very bad and last resort solution that I wouldn't suggest in most cases especially if you think it might be hardware related. 

8 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Yeah computer problems can be incredibly hard to diagnose sometimes. I have remembered a few times I have just called it and just reinstalled windows as the ultimate nuke to any software issue. If that didn't fix it then I knew it was a hardware issue and I reinstalled for no reasons. Obviously this is a very bad and last resort solution that I wouldn't suggest in most cases especially if you think it might be hardware related. 

Funny enough this is a new win install . Did it a few months back

On 9/25/2023 at 11:26 AM, Brooksie359 said:

Fixed it. Figured it wasn’t anything major. 

first I removed riser . Still crashed. Then I removed the 90* psu adapter plug I was using to make cable management better. No crashes. Looks like the 90* gpu adapter was the issue. Removed it and plugged direct from psu and fixed it. No more crashes 

1 hour ago, Srius1 said:

Fixed it. Figured it wasn’t anything major. 

first I removed riser . Still crashed. Then I removed the 90* psu adapter plug I was using to make cable management better. No crashes. Looks like the 90* gpu adapter was the issue. Removed it and plugged direct from psu and fixed it. No more crashes 

Well I was unaware you had a bunch of adapters. If I had known I would probably have suggested you make sure they aren't the issue. 

11 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

Well I was unaware you had a bunch of adapters. If I had known I would probably have suggested you make sure they aren't the issue. 

Well nevermind lol. Still crashed! Will  test a different  psu