Which Tech Companies Help Protect You From Government Data Demands?

Sharp_3yE

Electronic Frontier Foundation(EFF) awarded Apple, CREDO Mobile, Dropbox, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Sonic, and Yahoo with a 6 star rating for companies that help protect you from government data demands. EFF also awarded 5 stars to LinkedIn, Pinterest, SpiderOak, Tumblr, Wickr and Wordpress only because they didn't have to go to public court.

What do you think of this news? Do you agree?

Article: https://www.eff.org/press/releases/which-tech-companies-help-protect-you-government-data-demands

No way. EFF is a pile of BS

Corsair 230T Black with red LEDs • AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core • Cooler Master Seidon 120V 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 ATX AM3+  Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (2 x 4GB) Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB (2 x4GB)  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB • Corsair RM 650W • Windows 10 • Logitech G403 + G810 • Audio Technica ATH-TAD300 • 1TB Seagate HDD x 2 256GB SanDisk SSD

None. None do. They can't even if they wanted to.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Some just lie better.

And surveillance isn't always about gadgets, hacks and 007 movie bullshit.

If a Spy agency wants information on you, the first thing they do is approach employees and put them on a payroll to feed them what they need.

That is how it works.

FYI:  If you live in the Vancouver area, go check out Tower II at Metrotown

CSIS has an office there, guess who has a data center on the floor above?   

Anwer: TELUS.

Vancouver public library also has a deal to feed information to CSIS and the RCMP.

Yes kids, they log your internet activities at the VPL...

Vancouver public library also has a deal to feed information to CSIS and the RCMP.

Yes kids, they log your internet activities at the VPL...

No Shit?   All public internet access services are logged, all ISP's are logged and especially anywhere where with free wifi is logged. This is neither new nor unexpected.  If a criminal needs to use the net for their activities they're hardly going to use their home connection.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Haha this us funny how this thread went. Is no one optimistic that these companies take government agencies to court and wanting warrants and such. Its hard to fight the government and they are at least trying.

No Shit?   All public internet access services are logged, all ISP's are logged and especially anywhere where with free wifi is logged. This is neither new nor unexpected.  If a criminal needs to use the net for their activities they're hardly going to use their home connection.  

I'm talking about internet terminals you log into with your library card.

The VPL is tracking internet use by members.

I'm talking about internet terminals you log into with your library card.

The VPL is tracking internet use by members.

I know,  all libraries do that.  They are protecting themselves from any legal repercussions from clients use of their service.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Eventually only companies like Remington, Colt and Smith & Wesson will protect you from government demands.

Eventually only companies like Remington, Colt and Smith & Wesson will protect you from government demands.

'Gun Companies, helping you stand up to the US Military and slaughtering junior school children', great NRA slogan yeah?

:P  :P  :P

I guess it's time we realised that Governments aren't going to respect privacy until people who understand this are put in charge, so a generation. The ends do not justify the means.

No way. EFF is a pile of BS

EFF is a fantastic organization. What do you have against them?

With that being said, I am very skeptical about that list. Even if it's true it's probably just so that they can keep the info for themselves.

EFF is a fantastic organization. What do you have against them?

With that being said, I am very skeptical about that list. Even if it's true it's probably just so that they can keep the info for themselves.

They aren't a bad organization but they are full of BS, as I said.

Corsair 230T Black with red LEDs • AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core • Cooler Master Seidon 120V 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 ATX AM3+  Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (2 x 4GB) Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB (2 x4GB)  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB • Corsair RM 650W • Windows 10 • Logitech G403 + G810 • Audio Technica ATH-TAD300 • 1TB Seagate HDD x 2 256GB SanDisk SSD

They aren't a bad organization but they are full of BS, as I said.

Please elaborate.

How are they full of BS? You didn't specify this article alone so I assume you think the entire EFF are full of BS and that's something I strongly disagree with.